advertisement

Witch Hat Audio changes?

matfff

pfm Member
Hi,
Does anyone know of any recent changes at WH, new owners/change of management/contracted out production e.t.c?
The reason I ask is that I am having great difficulties with them in fulfilling a (fairly straightforward) cable order. They have sent the wrong cable out twice in a row and given the time it takes them to fulfil any order, this is getting more than a little frustrating.
Thanks for your replies,
Matt.

I recently heard that my friend had a lot of trouble buying a cable. For example, they have send the wrong cable, and send an email, there is no answer ...
But I heard that the new cable sound is good.

I recently heard that my friend had a lot of trouble buying a cable. For example, they have send the wrong cable, and send an email, there is no answer ...
But I heard that the new cable sound is good.
Hi, thanks for your reply. They seem fairly responsive to me and both Mitch and Nic seem very pleasant and knowledgable, however, just have a nagging doubt that something has changed for the worse......

Prompt response before payment,and then slow customer response
Possibly, but not previously in my experience, that’s why I was interested in any recent management changes e.t.c, ‘new broom, new ideas’ sort of thing....

I contacted them a few weeks ago I think it was an online enquiry form regarding their Morgana cable still not heard back, delays must be down to Covid.

Please note: I already own their Phantom speaker cable and it's an excellent product.

No problems when I ordered Phantom but had, as others, first failure delivery of wrong interconnect-cable, quite irritating as not beeing in UK, it was a bit expensive returning, never offered a refund.
Experience makes me look elsewhere next, ( not that cables sound bad)
They run an annual discount at easter, funny business method because if customers know and can wait, they do not spread orders well enough me thinks.

Thanks for all your replies. Seems they need help with their order fulfilment process. I don’t think that they have figured out their make to order versus make to stock strategy at all, an analysis of their sales numbers would indicate which products they could MTO without compromising their working capital numbers to badly.
Having said all this, their cables are excellent and the Morgana cables are amazing (when you can get the right one!)

I had a very unhappy and humiliating memory about WH communication: 1. Wrong cable shipment 2. Malfunctioning product 3. Quick in receiving orders, Snail-slow in response to customer query. ^ㅠ However their Morgana cables are excellent!!! In conclusion, I agree with almost all the former comments posted here!

I think at the moment WH are working like cottage industry company, but they have a great product in the Morgana, I think they could simplify the ordering to make sure you get the right cable ie state what amps you have and then they can pair up which cable you need, but that being said I would put the mistakes to one side and give them a listen they are great.

No real problems from what I can gather on the Naim forum, although some delays due to their working from home during the lockdown.

Well said newnaim. Its small companies like this, also Avondale, RSL, ClassA, Arkless etc that make this hobby interesting. Run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.

They are not going to have the customer service front end like Dyson or Amazon, so they need cut a bit of slack, especially in these times. Hopefully they will be able to take your advice and improve their “customer experience”

Unfortunately this pandemic will kill some, if not many of the small enthusiasm companies
Some that were on the edge before C19 will go down for sure but hopefully not many of the real enthusiasts. Smaller companies like mine are more agile and find it easier to adapt, often they are run by very driven individuals who'll ride this out. As has been said of WHA, the actual products - cables being sold are quality, it's the business side that's not so slick.

Impressed with WHA reputation with Naim community…

Nic Burke very helpful. They always answer your emails.

I have placed a recent order for Phantom Speaker Cables in early May but will arrive in mid June. There is a long delay due to some USA cable supplier issue which may relate to Coronavirus situation.I also wanted some S3P cable interconnects but they said it’s not available for 9 months. Can’t wait that long!

So me think they need to improve their supplier channels or stock more inventory.

Hi yes, MTO vs MTS is a key consideration when balancing customer satisfaction vs working capitol. Key is having a full and rigorous understanding of your sales data. I’ve never run an audio company, but when you run a diversified farming business it’s crucial if you want to survive and actually make some (small!) money.

Not my department any more, but the cable issues are due to the shift from a cottage industry to outsourcing to a cable assembly company - that is complete (this week) and orders should be able to be fulfilled much quicker now. Covid is affecting some suppliers but everyone who ordered should have been told of any delay. Any problems with incorrectly shipped cables have been down to misunderstanding the correct configuration desired from what I can gather.

advertisement

Back