advertisement

Witch Hat Audio ceases trading

@eevo1969 Do you know how many employees there were at WH, I always thought 2/3man outfit in which case I would assume they all knew the company was in dire straights.

@eevo1969 Do you know how many employees there were at WH, I always thought 2/3man outfit in which case I would assume they all knew the company was in dire straights.
No I don’t, just speaking from experience of a similar situation but obviously if it’s a family business all bets are off.

Unfortunately somebody has to be the last person to order before they pull the plug, I doubt (hope) that they took no pleasure out of taking orders they knew the probably couldn’t fulfill.

Cheers BB

4 man outfit IIRC. Mark Slade used to be involved but I have been told that he is now just a shareholder and not involved with day to day workings at the company (he started Witch Hat Ltd, but that was made insolvent and Witch Hat Servicing Ltd was started in its place)

Just had my refund too. Through a s75 claim on the John Lewis Partnership mastercard. I'm pleased to see the cash again after 10 months, especially as JL have changed their credit card provider during that time!

Earlier today, before I saw this refund on my credit card statement, I'd sent a letter before action to Witch Hat, and found a process server ready to serve a statutory demand, which would have been followed up by a winding up petition. I'm really surprised someone hasn't done this already to be honest.

Well. I guess I just lost $420. I paid with a debit card back in January for some Phantom cables. I guess they truly will turn out to be Phantoms in that I’ll never see them.

Well. I guess I just lost $420. I paid with a debit card back in January for some Phantom cables. I guess they truly will turn out to be Phantoms in that I’ll never see them.
Sorry to hear that. I sympathize. This whole debacle is a good eye opener on the risks of purchasing from small operators. A pity you didn't get the cables before they went belly up.

advertisement

Back