advertisement

Winter election

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve not checked the stats but I’d expect Ken to be overwhelmingly ’remain’ and no great fan of Johnson’s hard-right tabloid popularism. Surely as someone who has spent the last few months arguing the absurd AAV/Momentum attack meme position that the LDs are Tories by another name you should be welcoming them splitting that vote?!
The Labour majority in Kensington is wafer thin.
LDs got less than 1/3 the Labour vote in 2017.
Yet LDs continue to attack Labour and insist they can win Kensington.
This will split the Remain vote and let the Tories in.
If the same pattern occurs in other Lab/Con marginals you will get Hard Brexit and a far-right Tory government.
Not rocket science.

So, what do you want the most: a chance to Remain under a Corbyn-led alliance, or to see Labour punished for some imaginary "betrayal"?

Corbyn and no doubt all the other leaders are going to be ‘out there on the streets in every town and village in the country’. Almost every time a politician is interviewed on the tv they tell us what people are telling them on their doorsteps. I find this strange, I have lived in various parts of the country, been eligible to vote for more years than I care to mention, but never had a politician knocking on my door. I’m beginning to think they are telling porkies.
(Not complaining though - quite like it that way).

but never had a politician knocking on my door.

IN the last 2 GEs i have had our incumbent Tory MP knock, and the LibDem team, and some Lab councillors. I have been out on the hustings with a Lab candidate's team.

The Labour majority in Kensington is wafer thin.
LDs got less than 1/3 the Labour vote in 2017.
Yet LDs continue to attack Labour and insist they can win Kensington.
This will split the Remain vote and let the Tories in.
If the same pattern occurs in other Lab/Con marginals you will get Hard Brexit and a far-right Tory government.
Not rocket science.

For reference Kensington & Chelsea was 68.7% remain. Its a non argument. Also things have changed hugely since 2017, I bet the LDs likely have far more chance than Labour of winning there now given the demographics and all that has happened since. The LDs will hoover up huge numbers of Johnson/popularism-hating Tory votes there that wouldn’t touch Corbyn with the shitty end of a stick!

yes because he isn't trusted nor believable. He hasn't dealt with issues within the party. His responses are weak and vague. He doesn't have the personality to be elected.

Oh and i am a paid up member of the Labour party, have done plenty of hustings and door knocking.

I'm not a member of the Labour party but disagree with you. You couldn't find a more trustworthy politician! (a low bar though yes). There are/were no issues within the party (there was no antisemitism) and personality shouldn't matter but rather policies. I'll give you the weak and vague though!

I'm not a member of the Labour party but disagree with you. You couldn't find a more trustworthy politician! (a low bar though yes). There are/were no issues within the party (there was no antisemitism) and personality shouldn't matter but rather policies. I'll give you the weak and vague though!

I was speaking with a long time customer, today one of my longest in fact, she's a lifelong tory and told me that she thinks, that for the first time ever she won't vote, her only real viable option is to vote SNP (and mine) and she said she couldn't vote for them and she also said she can't believe how a liar can be the PM and that she is conflicted about voting for him/the tories.

For reference Kensington & Chelsea was 68.7% remain. Its a non argument. Also things have changed hugely since 2017, I bet the LDs likely have far more chance than Labour of winning there now given the demographics and all that has happened since. The LDs will hoover up huge numbers of Johnson/popularism-hating Tory votes there that wouldn’t touch Corbyn with the shitty end of a stick!
Sorry but you have zero evidence for this. Pure fantasy politics, I hope the voters of Kensington think more clearly than you do.

You couldn't find a more trustworthy politician!
do you know anyone who lives in his constituency? Has lived with him over his years of being an MP?

There are/were no issues within the party (there was no antisemitism)

Are you Jewish? (you do not need to reply), but unless you are then you will never understand what antisemitism is about. In the same way a white person can never understand the racism committed against black people. There are issues with the party, and they are not being handled well.

Sorry but he is unelectable. Whether you like it or not an election is pretty much a beauty contest, a headline grabbing shallow contest. Few like me (or even you) will take the time to read all the manifestos and policies.

where is the evidence this is likely to happen

unfortunately, this was the most likely outcome will be. Opposition is too fragmented
Some of the better polls for Labour show them within 3-4% of the Conservatives and, in principle, capable of forming a government supported by SNP (+ LDs, if we must). I'm not saying it will be easy but there's everything to play for in the campaign.

If the Remain-inclined parties unite and vote tactically, it's eminently possible and probably the most realistic chance of preventing Brexit via a second referendum.

Unfortunately, the LDs have gone maverick and seem to be more interested in snagging a few more seats than actually preventing Brexit. Also, if they hold the balance of power after the election, I suspect they'll do a deal with the Conservatives (going on historical precedent).

I hope the voters of Kensington think more clearly than you do.

but they don't, do they? single issues, personality politics, headline grabbing sound bites are what people think about. And sadly Boris and his team have a huge advantage on that dept.

do you know anyone who lives in his constituency? Has lived with him over his years of being an MP?

Are you Jewish? (you do not need to reply), but unless you are then you will never understand what antisemitism is about. In the same way a white person can never understand the racism committed against black people. There are issues with the party, and they are not being handled well.

Sorry but he is unelectable. Whether you like it or not an election is pretty much a beauty contest, a headline grabbing shallow contest. Few like me (or even you) will take the time to read all the manifestos and policies.

I very very strongly disagree with you but as it is now against AUP to debate this (oh, unless you are pro Israel of course!) we must leave it there...

Sorry but you have zero evidence for this. Pure fantasy politics, I hope the voters of Kensington think more clearly than you do.

I do know the area, I lived around the corner in Shepherds Bush! The 68.7% remain figure is a simple fact. If you have a picture of Ken and Chelsea just being Grenfell tower etc you really couldn’t be more wrong! It is not a dithering Corbyn area, though I’d be amazed if it was a Johnson/Trump popularism area either. I’d not be at all surprised if Sam Gyimah doesn’t poll substantially more than the Labour candidate.

PS As far as I’m aware there is no electoral pact. I’ve certainly not seen any list of seats where Labour are not fielding candidates, as such expect some very serious competition! FWIW as I’ve stated before I do not believe in electoral pacts anyway. Tactical voting, yes, every time, but removing choice from the ballot really is dodgy in the extreme.

I do know the area, I lived around the corner in Shepherds Bush! The 68.7% remain figure is a simple fact. If you have a picture of Ken and Chelsea just being Grenfell tower etc you really couldn’t be more wrong! It is not a dithering Corbyn area, though I’d be amazed if it was a Johnson/Trump popularism area either. I’d not be at all surprised if Sam Gyimah doesn’t poll substantially more than the Labour candidate.

PS As far as I’m aware there is no electoral pact. I’ve certainly not seen any list of seats where Labour are not fielding candidates, as such expect some very serious competition! FWIW as I’ve stated before I do not believe in electoral pacts anyway. Tactical voting, yes, every time, but removing choice from the ballot really is dodgy in the extreme.

= split the Remain vote = Hard Brexit.

I don't want a pact either - just common sense in targeting seats by all parties concerned + ruthless tactical voting by anti-Conservatives.

but they don't, do they? single issues, personality politics, headline grabbing sound bites are what people think about. And sadly Boris and his team have a huge advantage on that dept.
This kind of contempt for people is why the right lost control of the party.

I don't want a pact either - just common sense in targeting seats by all parties concerned + ruthless tactical voting by anti-Conservatives.

Again, that is just your analysis vs. mine. Labour just scraped-in last time as a freak occurrence boosted by the Grenfell tragedy and ‘peak Corbyn’. The Labour party has lost all credibility since then, it is deeply distrusted by remainers, and actively hated by Tories (it is a strong Tory area and a strong remain area). My guess is they’ll get wiped out regardless. The Lib Dems actually stand a very real chance there as it is a wealthy and highly educated area, so the vacuous Trump popularism of Johnson will be unwelcome and a lot of that kind of Tory will shift to the LDs. They won’t touch Corbyn with a barge pole! I guarantee that. Maybe the Labour party should step down?

Gina Miller will probably have a website for this in due course.

You'd think so, but unfortunately not. :(
I blame gullibility more than malice.

Some are gullible, many thick as mince and unfortunately there is considerable malice also, as the Brexit clusterfvck has shown. I fear that if Bozo announced that Muslims will be deported, same sex marriage made illegal once again and the unemployed put in workhouses then his ratings would actually go up slightly.... a few of the more decent Tories (is that an oxymoron?) would drop him but it would be more than made up for by UKIP and EDL types voting for him... sadly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back