advertisement

Wilson-Benesch GMT One Turntable

Maybe I am a bit out with my maths but I was not talking about profit I was talking about return from TT's sold so this would yield for less TT's being sold to break even. As a company that sells much high end expensive kit I reckon they could absorb the "loss" of actual income. It is a gamble but one I expect they have seriously looked into.
Thank you for not pointing out that I said they'd never re-coup the R&D costs and then I later suggested they would!

With my simplistic 50% gross margins there is only 75kGPB left over after the sale - 150k goes to the dealer and it cost WB 75k to make the thing (in materials, machine time, consumables, direct labour etc) - and out of the 75k left over comes rent/rates/WB's own R&D costs and management wages that are not amortized into the manufacturing cost and, finally, some net profit. They could decide to make no net profit but everything else has to be paid for.
Disclaimer - I am not a business man, just an engineer vaguely aware of that side of the business.

… curious to know if sounds like £300k.
If I had to spend 300k on myself it would probably sound like this:

Ferrari-SF-90.jpg

Or better yet a stone farmhouse in France with a decent Bluetooth speaker in the garden. And 50k for charity. That’s the ticket.

300k for a turntable FFS.

Last edited:
If I had to spend 300k on myself it would probably sound like this:

Ferrari-SF-90.jpg

Or better yet a stone farmhouse in France with a decent Bluetooth speaker in the garden. And 50k for charity. That’s the ticket.

300k for a turntable FFS.
With that price I would expect it to have proper wheels, not just bicycle ones with three laps of electrical tape masquerading as tires.

Heard this at Munich last year. The WB room sounded very good, a step above any of the demo's I've heard from the company previously.

Good to see a British company pushing boundaries, plenty of potential customers in Asia where most of their speakers end up. Good luck to them

advertisement

Back