advertisement

William Lennon boots

Grassmere is currently £445!! The boots in the sale all have broguing. They’re too posh for what I’d wear them for. Very lovely but I’d seldom wear them. I want them to wear with jeans at the pub, to go to town, pop over to pfm central. I’m not the sort of person who needs to dress smartly, I’m one of those scruffy creative types, jeans and boots and a polo shirt covers most occasions.

I’ll have a look at Grenson.
Best £445 you'll ever spend, if you have enough years to see them out that is.............

Grassmere is currently £445!! The boots in the sale all have broguing. They’re too posh for what I’d wear them for. Very lovely but I’d seldom wear them. I want them to wear with jeans at the pub, to go to town, pop over to pfm central. I’m not the sort of person who needs to dress smartly, I’m one of those scruffy creative types, jeans and boots and a polo shirt covers most occasions.

I’ll have a look at Grenson.
I very rarely wear Trickers with anything else other than jeans.

You may get more choice in the end of year sales. I picked up a pair of Grassmere boots in kudo leather for £200 last year.

Good luck in your search

Look at altberg’s website they do all sorts of boots and make boots for the MOD and the police etc but they also do hiking boots and walking shoes.

I have two pairs, one pair is Malham which I don’t think they make anymore but I’ve had them for about four years bought them for walking the dog and have walked over every terrain and they been brilliant but they’re just about done in now although I’ve walked about 12km in them in all weathers.

I’ve a brand new pair of Fremingtons which I bought this year before lockdown for £135 on eBay they’re normally about £180 retail and on the Altberg site.

The new boots are a wee bit lighter than the old ones but I’ve not worn them yet.

My boots are obviously hiking boots but Altberg’s walking shoes look more like what the OP is looking for.

I can’t recommend Altberg enough they also do a resoling service and they’re in Yorkshire with a factory outlet if the OP is close and they also do a bespoke boot service but I think your looking at about £1500 for a pair of hand built bespoke boots.

i had a pair of Royer boots - they were really comfortable and lasted for years. Picked them up in a shop sale in the early 90's for £20 (probably because most people would think them fugly, riveted safety toe and metatarsal protector - I liked them) Got at least 15years out of them - but lost their attraction after I'd left them at work and then come back to find the pub cellar they were in had flooded with sewage.

Don't think they are easily sourced in the UK though https://www.royer.com/Products

advertisement

Back