advertisement

Will we get charged tax / Vat from EU to UK now?

I wouldn't say 25-30% on everything i buy from the EU is just a bit.

And that before DHL etc, have slapped on their "charge what we like" custom and handling charges.
Coupled with the depressed value of the pound against the Euro and other major currencies and that’s even before importers start to pass on costs for extra red tape such as the wage bill for the army of 50,000 new customs pen pushers.

If you buy from me on any and amazon, there is zero change for you in uk other than there will be a customs document on the box.

But from my website is a different story. It is still not clear to me yet what needs to be done - it is likely I. The short term uk customers will end up paying full price incl our local vat and then more vat in uk.

How did Coronavirus impact GBP to USD?
The GBP to USD exchange rate fell 12% within the space of two weeks in March 2020. Investors sold the Pound in favour of the perceived safety of the US Dollar.

I still blame Brexit for everything.
If only we could go back to the good old days of 1972.

The Pound to Dollar rate reached a high of $2.649 on 6th Mar 1972.

https://www.keycurrency.co.uk/gbp-to-usd

How did Coronavirus impact GBP to USD?
The GBP to USD exchange rate fell 12% within the space of two weeks in March 2020. Investors sold the Pound in favour of the perceived safety of the US Dollar.

I still blame Brexit for everything.
If only we could go back to the good old days of 1972.

The Pound to Dollar rate reached a high of $2.649 on 6th Mar 1972.

https://www.keycurrency.co.uk/gbp-to-usd

wonderful example of how to quote facts in a vacuum.

If you buy from me on any and amazon, there is zero change for you in uk other than there will be a customs document on the box.

But from my website is a different story. It is still not clear to me yet what needs to be done - it is likely I. The short term uk customers will end up paying full price incl our local vat and then more vat in uk.
It may not be long before the Daily Mail is offering free booze cruise trips to Calais.

It may not be long before the Daily Mail is offering free booze cruise trips to Calais.

The duty-free allowances would not really make them attractive and I have yet to find anything online that makes it clear whether VAT will be payable on all booze, or duty-free is also VAT-free.
Duty-free limits are easily found in terms of total costs and in terms of litres, but no definitive mention about VAT.

And if it does get stopped there’ll be a processing fee in addition to any VAT and duty.

No it won't, we (in Ireland) just pay Irish VAT on Amazon.de, just like we used to on Amazon.co.uk.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back