advertisement

Wiim Ultra

Darren

So gentle when he tries to understand.
It seems there is to be a Wiim Ultra streaming pre amp launched at the Munich show.
I don't need the pre but I well priced streamer with screen might come in very handy. I've always regretted buying the Node thing.
Anyone else potentially interested?

I’m interested. I would like it to be a pure streamer ie no dac. Since Wiim do not sell dacs I think I’m going to be disappointed.

Veering off-topic, Eversolo sell dacs so surely they could market a pure streamer to go with the dacs.

I’m interested. I would like it to be a pure streamer ie no dac. Since Wiim do not sell dacs I think I’m going to be disappointed.

Veering off-topic, Eversolo sell dacs so surely they could market a pure streamer to go with the dacs.
Yea.... I agree with you. Sadly, I think we are in a minority.

Yea.... I agree with you. Sadly, I think we are in a minority.
I don't use the DAC's in my Wiim's either.
Always take the digital out into better quality DAC's. A Vitus and a Norma in my particular systems currently.
I prefer to avoid redundancy in any of my components if possible, but considering the relatively low price point of the Wiim product line it is slightly less of a concern in this case.

Will sell by the container Just add small pair of Active Speakers & all 99.9% of the planet will ever need
Have one on order for my desktop with Genelec G3s

Hi-Res streaming capabilities, advanced room correction, and smart home integration
HDMI ARC port and internal MM phono pre-amplifier.
Elegant aluminum case with 3.5” vibrant touchscreen display covered with glass
Stream Hi-Res music with the bit-perfect digital output or high-fidelity analog audio
Improved premium DAC
A rich selection of audio inputs and outputs

wiim-ultra.jpg

wilm-ultra-back.jpg

I'd like a wiim mini ultra with no DAC, screen or phonostage similar to a Wattson Emerson Digital but much cheaper and an aluminium box :D
Maybe £200-250?

Edit: and a built in power supply like the OP

Looks good. The wiim amp is £319 so can see this at £399 or £419? It's a lot of product! Love my pro plus. If I was advising anyone on building a simple system, this would be top of the list.

Wiim POA until Munich
WiiM also announced the Ultra's public debut will be at the High End Munich 2024 show on May 9th
They will also debut another top secret/previously undisclosed new product. could be Super Duper Wiim amp

advertisement

Back