advertisement

wigwam show [ kegworth ] is off

It’s completely changed over the years but is much less of a boys club for the select few these days. Maybe not so much fun, but then you had to be “in” for it to be funny.

The reason the Puritan thread has kept on running is because there are sceptics and objectivists (some might say objectionables) putting a contrary view. I’m not sure about incoming WHF members but there were a lot of people who moved in from the Linn forum. I quite miss the old wam but not enough to join abattoir!
The 'old' Wam was a very polite place for a good few years. Fools were not suffered gladly, but since the internet itself was also in its infancy, things were pretty civilised. By the time that original Wam broke up, when Jim handed over the reins, the internet itself was a far more robust place, and the most robust of all formed Abattoir :) I tried that for a while, but was too easily offended I think so left and sought sanity here. Shame because several of the people there, hardier souls than I, were very nice blokes, but?? It certainly has a lot of character over there.
No good looking back tho is it. Good luck to the new Wam. WigWam3? I certainly hope the show gets back on track, even if that means allowing Linn past the door :)

To be fair to Linn, it may not be your bag, but the year they attended Scalford, the guys they sent were terrific. Genuinely interested in what was going on, happy to discuss the tech side of what they were showing but not forcing it at you, and I believe they also helped with set up and packing up. Genuine blokes.

I am still gutted that the Wam Show was cancelled given the owrk I had put in to making my system stable and the fact that it was not allowed to be heard in 2019 to have it struck off less than four weeks before the date was not what I wanted to hear. Having had a little of the background of what was going on and the fact that the owner is suffering health issues in hospital it is not difficult to understand that the correct choice has been made .

Peter the previous Admin now has nothing to do with the forum or the Wam Show which given the last couple of years is probably a good thing . What happens now is new the Owner is stil the same but the Admin and I am told attitude towards Mods and members has changed radically . We are also finding out that there are software issues and other problems that are going to need addressing urgently before things can move forward.

With regards to the Wam Show I would be a liar if I said it was not my most anticipated weekend of the year . I have had a room twice now and was booked for 2019 . I met friends enjoyed new music and had a complete blast at each show despite weather problems the first year and blowing up my amplifiers the second year . We have been told that the next one in 2022 will be at a new Venue and this in its own way is a major undertaking finding a Hotel that has enough decent sized rooms , will allow the sort of furniture moving and set needed will not be easy so we all wait to find out were we will be and if we will be lucky enough to get a room .

Would ask that others give a little good will and tolerance to the new Wam set up and in particular the New Wam Show we need lots of people to have rooms and lots of day visitors or there may not be another Wam Show .

You might need to address the main landing/splash page.

It’s been possible for quite some time to see topics posted, although not the content, in the Moderators forum within the “Live Forum” section. The “Recent Posts” section is full of spam for foreign brides, financial and software advice. Not a very professional look.

Let’s just call this my parting gift to the ‘Wam.

Been added to the list and is being addressed as I write.

And we have a new co-admin. Guess who?

I like the 'wam on the basis, like the entire internet, there's good stuff and people as well as other stuff that can be ignored. Like it here too mind :). Frankly I'll take my hat off to anyone prepared to moderate a hi fi forum !

yes keeping rather a lot of keyboard warriors with strong views on everything is very daunting . fair play to the mods who do it . hard thing to do . one thread has had 8.3 million views on the wam since it started which shows you how busy the place is sometimes

yes Danny led the raffle at scalford show one year if you were there , and led the wam for ages

Yes. I just thought that he'd been consigned to the scrap heap along with all the other good guys. Though he did seem to last longer than some.

Does the wam still insist that even a one man band such as myself must be a trade member to do any business there... and then try to charge such an exorbitant trade fee that only the likes of Rega or Linn were likely to be happy to pay it?

It's a few years since I checked but they wanted something like £2000 a year!!! Compared to £50 here.... No chance! Not even if they knocked the last digit off!

Does the wam still insist that even a one man band such as myself must be a trade member to do any business there... and then try to charge such an exorbitant trade fee that only the likes of Rega or Linn were likely to be happy to pay it?

It's a few years since I checked but they wanted something like £2000 a year!!! Compared to £50 here.... No chance! Not even if they knocked the last digit off!

It looks like pet food pete the previous head honcho is gone & a lot of things are going to change going forward so have a look sometime or ask the question

Yes. I just thought that he'd been consigned to the scrap heap along with all the other good guys. Though he did seem to last longer than some.
I think Danny and James were good pals. He must have had to do a bit of adapting post the break up?

Nope. If you look at the fees they are considerably less than your quoted number. And as others are saying, changes are afoot. Danny (co-admin)is on board and the other co-admin Roo has already started to make changes to the software. The Wam is going back to being enthusiasts for enthusiasts. The Show will be even better.

Nope. If you look at the fees they are considerably less than your quoted number. And as others are saying, changes are afoot. Danny (co-admin)is on board and the other co-admin Roo has already started to make changes to the software. The Wam is going back to being enthusiasts for enthusiasts. The Show will be even better.

What as in maybe £1300? Same difference.... There was all sorts of payments schemes etc when I looked a few years ago, you could be a trade member on a monthly basis or get reductions for booking up 6 months in one block etc, but it was certainly possible to end up paying around £2k.
Unless I can post on the wam, and do some business, for a similar £50 ish as here I will not be joining.

advertisement

Back