advertisement

Why should teachers have a pay rise?

Then they need to think(if they can) why it isnt it theirs.
I have relations who think that, their idea of the "montessori approach" is to, not force the kid to be potty trained.
Its four, and still wears a feckin nappy. I say its lazy parents
You seem to be under the impression I agree with the newspaper article.
I posted it in incredulity.

Tbh, if a parent can't teach their child to be toilet trained by then, what hope for their kids in the future? Having a child is a serious responsibility, not a Lifestyle choice.
As I have posted elsewhere this is not a new phenomenon.
Over thirty years ago the infant headteacher of the school my children went to in the Cheshire triangle had the strength of will to refuse to admit children that were not potty trained. This in a posh, middle class area.
She would probably have been dismissed for taking such a stand today.

And just because they believe it doesn't make it right. It's a parent's responsibility, end of. If you can't teach your child how to do the most basic of human functions,you shouldn't have kids. How are you going to cope with other challenges of bringing up children?
Surely the point is the reality that teachers have to face and deal with and get past before they can start to do the job of teaching.

What was the issue?
Not something I really want to discuss really but I was supported by a Regional Member who was a little weak. My wife came along and he thanked her for her support and knowledge. Needless to say, the Authority preferred the union rep to my wife. We won the case easily. It was embarrassing.

My mother is 95 years old with Alzheimer's, and wears a nappy.

Some think that government should also fund the changing of that.

After 5 years of being 'the carer' I gave up and opted to pay the ÂŁ 1,200.00 per week for a care home.
That's ÂŁ 7.14 per hour including bed and board before people jump to outrage and scream, profiteering and shareholders.

We have power of attorney for a relative with dementia. She is minted ( luckily) and is insistent that she stays at home. It is costing her ÂŁ9000 a month for 10 hours of care 5 days a week and 6 hours 2 days a week. On top of that are her utility costs of water, power and gas, tv licence, gardening, laundry and food as well as house maintenance.

It would be a bargain if we could get her to agree to go into a care home.

Hi All

I have been a secondary teacher of science since 1988. A full time contract is for 32.5 hours of term time. We are not paid for our weekends or holidays. Pay is spread out equally over the 12 months.

I have done about 60 hour per week since I started teaching. That is 25-30 hours unpaid for 30+ years. The money is ok but not great.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Nobody becomes a teacher to make it big or to get rich or for the glory and prestige of the job (joke!)- But ask some teachers who you know how many hours they really do.

Im now 60 and worn out. I have gone part time.

For the first time in my life I am working only 40 hpw. Now I have some balance in my life.

Should we get a pay rise? Perhaps better working conditions and time for a normal family life would be something.

Thought I'd share

Have a good day

Regards

Mike
You’ve got 34/80ths of final salary and 2/57ths of career average. Taken it and run.
I retired in September after 34 years teaching.
Been doing 72 hours full time care for dad (sister has been going 96 hours) sadly passed away at 95 on Wednesday. Go. Get out. Live.

advertisement

Back