advertisement

Why do you need 2 turntables?

It's a human condition for some to collect things. I think it is cheaper to collect turntables than wives.

Couple of reasons :
1) One for mono cart, one for stereo cart
2) For continuous play where the next LP to be played can be prepared in advance and allows switching to the next LP seamlessly.

One for home and one for taking on tour.

a1141744354_2.jpg

Agree with Vital - it was the used records boom that really made a second deck and an RCM important. Check playing used records on £2k-plus carts is really a lot harder to justify than a second deck, or a third, or...

Yep, that's it in a nutshell. Mind you, you could compromise by having several headshells and one good deck.
But where's the fun in that.

I have 3 decks, with two arms on each. I'm just weird I guess.

I also have several headshells, but could never get them to work with the SME V :D

How many sets of inputs have you got on your phono stage, then ???????

Its not me...I only have one table with 1 cart and 1 phono.

My friend has 2 tables with 2 arms on each table. He has 2 phono preamp and each of these phono preamps have at least 2 inputs to connect to 2 carts. When I was at his place a while back for a music appreciation session, he demonstrated how he was able to switch LPs so seamlessly that there's always music playing.

I'm going to remember this thread next time someone bitches about the cost of LP12 upgrades :p

Surely cheaper than running three TT's multiple carts and phono stages....

Can't see any need for more than one unless you have two rooms you want music in.... which I might one day build a second LP12 with my upgrade left overs to put in the lounge.
Better to have one good one than multiple attempts at colouring the sound?
But it's a hobby so enjoy and sod the expense :p

I'm going to remember this thread next time someone bitches about the cost of LP12 upgrades :p

Can't see any need for more than one unless you have two rooms you want music in.... which I might one day build a second LP12 with my upgrade left overs to put in the lounge.

I'm covering three rooms with one LP12 thanks to the two tape outputs on my Exposure 19.

I do have two other turntables, a Rega Planar 2 purchased for my daughter, now in storage and a Technics SL-1200mk2 which is now used as a decoration next to my hi-fi rack. The silver 1200 is synonymous with vinyl just like Jerry West is represented on the NBA logo.

Excellent choice!

Meticulously prepared and set up in a decent plinth, the Lenco will perform very well with little on no rumble. As you probsbly already know Lenco Heaven is your web info source for this baby.

They are great little TT's enjoy!

Why colour the sound only one way though, when you can pick your colour? Especially when you have a choice of colours that doesn't involve an LP12.

advertisement

Back