advertisement

why Corbyn may well win the next election.

This reminds me of the Rolling Stones back in the sixties.

Ditching their lovely houses in Sussex (where I lived at the time ) for the South of France.

Bit like all those Brit second home owners, edging bets and all that.

Bloss

For a start your expectation of the highly paid running away hasn't happened despite increases in taxes + loss of tax breaks.

Third attempt. That was an anecdote, not my expectation. An example of the type of thing that may happen, but the point was, IF the super wealthcreators are financially penalised and decide to avoid trading here, then how is that wealth to be replaced?

It’s the last 8 words that matter to me and if you cannot or will not answer... what was your phrase to me? Oh yes: ‘Put up or shut up’.

Third attempt. That was an anecdote, not my expectation. An example of the type of thing that may happen, but the point was, IF the super wealthcreators are financially penalised and decide to avoid trading here, then how is that wealth to be replaced?

It’s the last 8 words that matter to me and if you cannot or will not answer... what was your phrase to me? Oh yes: ‘Put up or shut up’.

Sorry my previous posts weren't simple enough for you to comprehend.

The data suggests your question is irrelevant.
It's nothing personal: I wouldn't answer questions about coping with the impending glaciation of the Sahara.

Sorry my previous posts weren't simple enough for you to comprehend.

The data suggests your question is irrelevant.
It's nothing personal: I wouldn't answer questions about coping with the impending glaciation of the Sahara.
Hahahaha...if my question, in my thread, is irrelevant to you, then do feel free to go away. I doubt you capable of comprehending the following, but do try. It’s not irrelevant to me. You cant answer so just leave it alone. Geddit now?

if my question, in my thread, is irrelevant to you, then do feel free to go away.

What an eccentric concept!
A thread on pfm isn't the possession of the OP.

I doubt you capable of comprehending the following, but do try. It’s not irrelevant to me. You cant answer so just leave it alone. Geddit now?

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery so thanks very much.
Anyway, you were over stood some time ago.

Why Corbyn may well win the next election ... the poignant moments continue.

Screen_Shot_2018_05_22_at_15_31_31.png

https://twitter.com/trussliz/status/998637919240892418

No atrocity exhibition gags, please.

Not by you I wasn’t.

Nobody doesn't not like double negatives.

Last edited:
Indeed. In fact many Public Sector posts require both Graduate Status and also very specific Post Graduate training in order to qualify candidates. Why would any sane voter want a second class public service run shambolically, under funded and with de-motivated poorly trained staff?

Of course few, if any, would. But that is exactly what a lot of Tories do want. Unqualified Teachers being just one example of many. Outsourcing contributes to this mess, with very lax rules regarding the training of those filling many outsourced posts, and the simple act of outsourcing, reducing the former Public Service to a set of simplistic 'tick boxes' to be filled in exchange for formulaic funding, rather than a comprehensive and joined up professional approach to, and analysis of the issue at hand.

Much Public Service, especially at local level, has its origins in the good intentions of local 'worthies', Guilds, etc., who saw that life FOR ALL depended upon the management of issues such as Public Health, Environment, Planning and Development, Housing, Social Care etc., etc.

These are mostly issues which if left to the 'I'm alright Jack' approach so beloved of Mescalito and his ilk, result in the seedy, dirty, poor and unhealthy society so well described by Dickens.

It's what we are being deliberately driven back to.

It has nothing to do with immigration, scroungers,fecklessness or any of the other streotypical scapegoats trotted out endlessly by the right wing propagandists.

It has everything to do with a mean minded penny pinching Govt which is determined to grasp back everything it can from the many, and give it to the few.

Just look around you. Crumbling roads, collapsing Social Care, endless closures of public services of all kinds, huge increases in rough sleeping and homelessness, privatised Rail services which can't cope and are owned by foreign Govts, very shakey energy supplies also dependednt on not just foreign, but hostile Govts... the list is endless.

And none of the above is accident. It is ALL deliberate Tory policy.

Of course.. with an election in the offing we are starting to hear how much they care.. and how much money they are putting into fixing society's ills. You'd think it was coming out of their own pockets to hear them.. but then in a very real sense it is, because every penny spent on the Plebs is a penny less for the grasping spivs in charge. But they won't of course mention that they are pretending to fix the damage that they themselves wrought, with less money than they claim, and even that mostly 'vired' from one pot to another for just long enough to buy a few votes.

I really despair. Not of the Govt. They are easy to understand. But of the population which continues to allow them to destroy our country.

I doff my cap to you sir. Fabulous post.

Let me add to it. By most reliable estimates there are 40,000 nursing vacancies at present. That is likely to get worse for a number of reasons. But the most significant reasons are down to deliberate Tory policies.

It was a miracle that the NHS scraped through the last winter crisis without a major catastrophe but the impact is still being felt. Next winter will be worse and God knows what will happen then.

Tory policies are actually killing people. Just let that sink in.

I really despair. Not of the Govt. They are easy to understand. But of the population which continues to allow them to destroy our country.

So it's all the plebs fault, the terrible state of this country ?

Shoot the lot of em !

I think beatification and demonisation of public sector workers are equally misguided. They're people. Some are good (morally and/or at their jobs) some are bad (morally and/or at their jobs). I'm sure we've all experienced good and bad teachers, for example. What's more, plenty of people, including my wife and both of our daughters, will switch between sectors throughout their careers; do they suddenly become money-obsessed greedheads as they transfer from the public to the private sector, or leeches if they make the opposite move?

The 'bargain' used to be that employment in the public sector was slightly lower paid than private sector comparators, but that this was offset by more secure employment and a favourable pension scheme. Some, but by no means all, would also have been attracted to the public sector for 'public good' motivations. Over the past decade or so, public sector pay has been allowed to fall further and further behind private sector comparators, job security has weakened, and pension provision has worsened. Not surprisingly, the result has been demotivation.

Not a bad summing up. However, what is often missed out of the equation, is not so much the relative merits of public/private workers, but the actual need for public services, delivered by properly motivated people, for the people who need the service.

You could argue ( and the present bunch, in their supreme ignorance do argue ) that it is possible to deliver all public services via private outsourcing arrangements. Yet, time and again these arrangements are seen to fail. Why is this? I reckon it's for various reasons. In some cases, the contract issued by Govt is simply very poorly specified, as they try to appear to be addressing/solve a systemic social issue, with a narrowly specified 'quick fix'.

Other times, the contractor actually has no clue and bids for the contract on the basis of 'Get the job.. then figure out how to do it.' That is very much a Crapita speciality.

The real underlying reason is that Govts either do not understand, or do not want to understand, the principles, methodology, skills and ethics which go to make up an effective public service. Nor do they recognise the social and economic benefits which accrue from assisting people with all sorts of issues. They really do just see everything as a cost to be minimised or eliminated. They trot out their 'household economy', 'Mr Micawber' school of economics to justify ever deeper cuts, yet when you point out that the logical conclusion of continually cutting the household budget, is no house.... they just stick their fingers in their ears and start 'la la' ing.

Of course the one of which you Joe, have some small ( and very outdated) experience IIRC, is a classic. Careers Guidance.. probably the most comprehensively and wilfully misunderstood service in history. Follow its course from World Leading Service, to shambolic mess, and you see Tory approach to the public sector, in a nutshell.

I do believe that people are trying to explain to you that your theory of ' super wealth creators', has no basis in established fact and is therefore a specious point.

So it's all the plebs fault, the terrible state of this country ?

Shoot the lot of em !

If I might quote that great social philosopher, wit and raconteur... Derek Edward 'Del Boy' Trotter: 'Shut up you tart'

I do believe that people are trying to explain to you that your theory of ' super wealth creators', has no basis in established fact and is therefore a specious point.

If I might quote that great social philosopher, wit and raconteur... Derek Edward 'Del Boy' Trotter: 'Shut up you tart'

:)
Oh well. My dictionary says ‘specious’ might mean ‘a question where the answer is one that the questioned party might prefer not to give’ but the subject is dead, I agree.

advertisement

Back