advertisement

Who's had good results from upgraded power lead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the new year approaches, can we move on to discuss,
a, audiophile fuses, I realise these have been touched on already.
b, wooden 'resonators' usually but not exclusively made from an exotic wood.
c, my personal favourite, 'grounding' boxes , boxes filled with dirt and a coat hanger ,which you connect to a spare pre amp output.
Cable lifters are just too ridiculous aren't they?
Keith.

There are some here who can honestly say "I spent Christmas 2015 on a cable thread".

Think about that. Just for a second.

Right! I'm going to troll-up the thread with a picture of my mains block:

23939205481_8efe944c6a_c.jpg

Haters going to hate etc.

Looks neat Tony.........just googled for it and that'd be about 500 quid now wouldn't it?

The current ones are insanely expensive IMHO so I've no interest there. I don't think they have switched outlets either, and I need that. The ones I use were around £120 when new IIRC, which is reasonable given the parts and labour, though two of mine are second hand.

Cheers Tony. I think I may try that one I linked to in the "vote" thread which I have here. Only a cheapie but must do something I'd hope.

Right! I'm going to troll-up the thread with a picture of my mains block:

23939205481_8efe944c6a_c.jpg

Haters going to hate etc.

It looks great, but have you regenerated the power coming out of the wall socket first?

According to whatsnext, in the other cable thread, "regenerated power is constant and power waveform free from the crap on the input."

If this isn't done, even your mighty mains block would pass on mains contamination.

What I have learned from the mains cables threads is buy a power regenerator and then you don't need to invest lots of cash in aftermarket cables, although obviously a neat mains block might come in handy.

Jack

SOOOOOOOO SAD!
I spent time with family and friends and my cute 4 month old grand daughter
:) :)

The inclination to sneer at people is becoming endemic on pfm.

That said, it takes less time to read/dip in and out of a thread than it does to make a brew.

This Christmas I've been wiped out with manflu but managed a day with my old mum, chopped down some rampant leylandii with 2 of my sons, enjoyed 2 family roasts and a mental evening of triv pursuit/charades and family fun and one night horizontal with a mega temp sweating like a pig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back