advertisement

Who's had good results from upgraded power lead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cooky and Ragaman,

Why don't you let this one go? We'll never all agree, but getting worked up over mains cables is hard to fathom.

Joe

Joe cables aren't the issue for me, it's behaviour, but yes it's gone as far as I'm concerned.

As sockpuppet (spelled incorrectly by the user,) is a user who is online to deceive.

My record selling here can be found in the good guys thread

You know, that's not just right. Or it's right only in a vague sense.

Specifically, a sock puppet is an forum account used by a poster who already is known under another account. The sock puppet account allows them to post without people knowing it is the 'known poster' speaking.

Specifically a fish (pm) sock puppet.

495821900_ObiefishSockPuppet_answer_3_xlarge_xlarge.jpeg

We never extended the scope from cables to include upgraded Fuses. A mere £17 - £25 each from everyones friend Russ, starting at £5.95 (but rising very quickly) from MCRU. If you buy RA cables the fuses are also upgraded I read

Surely one or two members can tell us about their experiences of upgraded fuses.

BTW Venton hasn't been here since 24th

What's an upgraded fuse? (explanations other than "its upgraded!" welcomed ;) ). How does it "upgrade" or prevent degradation of the music signal? It must be rated to the same power as a bog ordinary fuse and blow at the same over-current, so struggling to see what, other than relieving folk of their hard earned, this is meant to do.

What's an upgraded fuse? (explanations other than "its upgraded!" welcomed ;) ). How does it "upgrade" or prevent degradation of the music signal? It must be rated to the same power as a bog ordinary fuse and blow at the same over-current, so struggling to see what, other than relieving folk of their hard earned, this is meant to do.
The last person who asked for an explanation of how an upgrade might work from forum members upset certain none technical people and ended up with him being labelled as uncivil.

I refer you to one vendor of upgraded fuses http://www.mains-cables-r-us.co.uk/88-mains-fuses I trust he provides sufficient explanation for each of his products.

Here is one though of that range though
To an audio or visual system, the AMR Gold Fuse will bring the following improvements:

Fuller body, better definition and detail
Reduced distortion
Extended dynamic range

The last person who asked for an explanation of how an upgrade might work from forum members upset certain none technical people and ended up with him being labelled as uncivil.

I refer you to one vendor of upgraded fuses http://www.mains-cables-r-us.co.uk/88-mains-fuses I trust he provides sufficient explanation for his products.

There's nothing uncivil intended at all :). I was merely enquiring as to how such a device could affect SQ. I've read the link and it doesn't really explain anything but it was rather astonishing to read some of the so called technical claims. Best I leave it at that as there's no intention of wanting a circular debate or to have anyone upset ;)

You know, that's not just right. Or it's right only in a vague sense.

Specifically, a sock puppet is an forum account used by a poster who already is known under another account. The sock puppet account allows them to post without people knowing it is the 'known poster' speaking.
Similar & a nasty accusation all the same.

I was banned here for 2 weeks for much, much less a few months back, i made a joke referring to the audio room members (me incuded BTW) as middle aged trainspotters, 2 week ban, seems it's ok for some to accuse someone of such things with no comeback nowadays, maybe the AUP rules have changed, attack the post not the user was how it worked i was told back then. Never a moderator when you need one.

Sometimes rag it is very difficult to follow what you say. You go on endlessly in circles regardless of what is explained to you. It has to be deliberate.

As I can explained previously, not just my opinion, and I can cite technical reasons to back up my comments.

I was expecting a cable that had some feature claimed to do something to beneficial for your hifi. As I previously explained, and I wish you would pay attention, fancy means something beyond a normal 2 or 3 core cable of appropriate CSA with normal connectors.

You said yours was shielded. I explained why this won't help.

Also As I said previously, do you understand that the question was generic and not referring to your own cable?
You requested i supplied information regarding a fancy mains cable, again it was something along the lines of "can you explain why a fancy mains cable will be technically superior", something like this, i am not going back again searching through this lot, this is not a generic question, it is a specific question, i cannot comment on something i have not tried, it can't be any simpler put than this, i have no idea what a fancy mains cable is, i requested you show an example, not forthcoming, You also didn't explain why shielding won't help, you suggested it would not help & left it at this, as i said, you need to take more care when responding, try to remember what you have said, it saves me having to go back over your posts to point this out.

I suggested you ask someone who does use such a cable, it seems the obvious thing to do, don't you agree, i mean, why ask me when i have explained my situation quite clearly regarding such cables. I imagine there are plenty here who are willing to oblige you, i cannot as i have no intererst in expensive hifi jewelry, it's not what i do & i can be of no help to you in this area.

We never extended the scope from cables to include upgraded Fuses. A mere £17 - £25 each from everyones friend Russ, starting at £5.95 (but rising very quickly) from MCRU. If you buy RA cables the fuses are also upgraded I read

Surely one or two members can tell us about their experiences of upgraded fuses.

BTW Venton hasn't been here since 24th
He has sensibly moved on, he says he will return once the cable has been tried to share his experience which seems a fair thing to do.

Fuses :confused:, never heard of this one, new to me. Don't think i will delve into this area :)

There's nothing uncivil intended at all :). I was merely enquiring as to how such a device could affect SQ. I've read the link and it doesn't really explain anything but it was rather astonishing to read some of the so called technical claims. Best I leave it at that as there's no intention of wanting a circular debate or to have anyone upset ;)

I hope that gives some ideal of what they are offered to do. I would not waste my time and cash on fuses but then I heard no benefit from several upgrade cables.

I was not suggesting anything remiss on your part.

Why would your hearing be any less sensitive just because you can't see which mains lead is in use?

If just love the excuses the subjectivist camp comes out with.

So basically these miraculous improvements that you think you can detect when you know the super duper expensive mains cable (with a bit of fancy heat shrink and braiding applied) is in use are apparently impossible for you to detect when you don't know if it's in use and it could be a bog standard kettle lead.

That says it all.

Just popped back in here as I have been absent since page 5 or so. Minor things getting in the way - Xmas, life etc. But now I am bored and surfing. Anyway, I am glad to see people engaging the brain and looking at how tests are conducted. We are heading in the right direction. Remove sight bias otherwise everything is meaningless.

Just popped back in here as I have been absent since page 5 or so. Minor things getting in the way - Xmas, life etc. But now I am bored and surfing. Anyway, I am glad to see people engaging the brain and looking at how tests are conducted. We are heading in the right direction. Remove sight bias otherwise everything is meaningless.
The third paragraph of the post you responded to by BE is what i have been trying to explain to him, it's this sort of fanatical response that bares no resemblance to comments made by users of such a cable, i don't see where he thinks he has read such a comment, i havn't read anything like this here. "miraculous" "super duper expensive" for example.

The guy doesn't read posts, he imagines this stuff up by the looks of things.

No one here uses such a cable or makes claims in this manner, the only person making such claims are BE on behalf of those who use after market cables. It is this kind of hinderence that becomes quite annoying over time.

If you use a Russ Andrews mains lead with your kettle,
will your coffee sound ( sorry, taste ) better ?

Definately. But only if you can see it.

Personally I love a red cable and they taste sooooo smooth and warm. Blue cables generally produce slightly colder and sharper caffeine hit.

My other half doesn't believe in this shit. She actually drinks tea.

Definately. But only if you can see it.

Personally I love a red cable and they taste sooooo smooth and warm. Blue cables generally produce slightly colder and sharper caffeine hit.

My other half doesn't believe in this shit. She actually drinks tea.
Surely there needs to be some new material, the tea & coffe jokes are becoming a little (20 years) old :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back