advertisement

Who will succeed Boris Johnson as party leader and Prime Minister?

Who do you think will succeed him as party leader and PM?

• Sunak

Votes: 26 52.0%
  • Gove

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Raab

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Patel

• Hancock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Truss

• Shapps

• Jenrick

• Other

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters
I believe Raab may be there though Sunak appears to be the only one with a semblance of humanity. Gove will always be there, up front or in the shadows, most likely the shadows.Like Iago, whispering and influencing. I think the revelations about his coke snorting days damaged him more than people think. Image is everything but I think he is even more tarnished now. In contrast to a previous post I think he would be the most dangerous against Starmer. He is a wily operator with a snake like cunning.
He looks like the finished version of his own Spitting Image doll, too. That can't help either.

Quite honestly it doesn't matter that much, what they have promised is based on lies and distortion. That doesn't change and putting a new face will just bring the ususal short term bounce but they will have to wear the consequences. As for Gove, too many enemies and the public never have warmed to him. The plan all went wrong when Johnson's bid to succeed Cameron failed by not being the plucky loser. The faces on Gove and Johnson the day after told the story.

You only have to read this shocking article to realise where Gove stands in the frame. If Johnson can't hack it, he will step in. Helps to have a viper in the Daily Mail nest too

Lack of common sense and morality are the traits that appeal to Tories so for onward decline sprinkled with supreme knowledge of " cheese " and funny script writing Lis Truss is your obvious choice.

Gove will be PM before the year 2021 is out.

Johnson will be gone within the first six months of 2021. Gove is the obvious replacement. The only thing that will stop him will be if there are massive food and medicine shortages as he is responsible for Brexit prep.

I do not give a shit, whether Boris or another Tory takes control, damage has already been done, no way back from the death toll

Johnson will be gone within the first six months of 2021. Gove is the obvious replacement. The only thing that will stop him will be if there are massive food and medicine shortages as he is responsible for Brexit prep.

The slithy Gove taking over would be a similar gift to anti-Tories as the election of Corbyn was seen to be by Tories themselves. The public would swiftly see him as loathsome and he'd be catastrophic for the party.

PFM speculation ? Google seems to not support this theory.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bor...m.&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Though as all on here know the media is biased against PFM.
Newsweek plus political correspondents,

https://www.newsweek.com/boris-johnson-kicked-out-next-election-1525784

Cummings’ FiL,
‘Boris Johnson insisted he was fighting fit today - after Dominic Cummings' father-in-law suggested he was planning to quit after struggling to recover from coronavirus.

Downing Street blasted as 'total nonsense' a suggestion that Mr Johnson could hand over power in six months time, made by Sir Humphry Wakefield’ (DM and Times)

+briefings by disgruntled backbenchers.

advertisement

Back