advertisement

Who will succeed Boris Johnson as party leader and Prime Minister?

Who do you think will succeed him as party leader and PM?

• Sunak

Votes: 26 52.0%
  • Gove

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Raab

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Patel

• Hancock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Truss

• Shapps

• Jenrick

• Other

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters
Whichever one decent people consider the biggest cvnt obvs! Probably Gove or Patel then... I voted for Sunak as the least bad.. which no doubt makes him the most unacceptable to tory party members...

Disagree, we shall all just have to put up with the auld BJs disconcerting ejaculations until about 2026 when the Parliamentary party will decide he has become an electoral liability.

I'm inclined to agree, I think there's a lot of expectation bias on this forum.
it's hope. I'm with them there. The tories all need to get in the sea. But where is this wide speculation? Is it wide pfm speculation in this thread lol.

it's hope. I'm with them there. The tories all need to get in the sea. But where is this wide speculation? Is it wide pfm speculation in this thread lol.

Well I'm not seeing it in any wide sense so I suspect it might be a pfm wish list item :) I'm all for it, he needs to go, but I can't see it happening any time soon.

I've generally stopped watching the news and I've decided that big politics isn't for me anymore - my franchise is no more use or interest to me than a dud lottery ticket. That said, Pritti Patel scares the shit out of me big time.
Probably not much reassurance but I can’t see Pritti Patel in the running. She’s as dim as she is venal and would never get enough support. I reckon it will be the slithy Gove.

I've not read much to suggest he will be replaced at all.

Nah there have been rumblings, linking members of the 1922 committee to expressions of dissatisfaction and so on. Which likely means ‘confidential’, probably speculative briefings had been seeded to a journalist or two. (Call me cynical, but it seem that’s how things work).

They probably realised it was reaching the press a few days back and/or it wasn’t going over that well and squashed it. I can’t remember where the stories were, but it deffo did get as far as a couple of mentions.

Nah there have been rumblings, linking members of the 1922 committee to expressions of dissatisfaction and so on. Which likely means ‘confidential’, probably speculative briefings had been seeded to a journalist or two. (Call me cynical, but it seem that’s how things work).

They probably realised it was reaching the press a few days back and/or it wasn’t going over that well and squashed it. I can’t remember where the stories were, but it deffo did get as far as a couple of mentions.

One actual named source for the rumours is Dominic Cummings father. Maybe he's getting his retaliation in first in anticipation of Cummings being thrown under a bus.

I voted for Sunak, but then realised that the Tory membership get the final say and unfortunately Sunak would be a bit too subcontinental on the Dulux scale for most Tory members.
I don't know, I think most members rather like the vile authoritarian that is Mrs Patel, and she's only a tile or two away from Sunak on the "creams, beiges and browns" page of the Dulux catalogue.

I believe Raab may be there though Sunak appears to be the only one with a semblance of humanity. Gove will always be there, up front or in the shadows, most likely the shadows.Like Iago, whispering and influencing. I think the revelations about his coke snorting days damaged him more than people think. Image is everything but I think he is even more tarnished now. In contrast to a previous post I think he would be the most dangerous against Starmer. He is a wily operator with a snake like cunning.

advertisement

Back