advertisement

Who is brave enough to post a selfie?

Happy as Larry. Cheers! @Ianp

…And yes, correct. Thorens, Croft and Quad
q3pIbJe.jpg

How much like a third rate 1980s footballer did I look?

A three week detachment to Gibraltar, 1989. I spent a fortune on beer, loved it.
Got back to Leeming to be told I was going to Akrotiri for three weeks the following month. Spent a fortune on beer and women, loved it.

And I didn’t put a pound of weight on!

Those were the days, eh lads. If a woman looked at you in a certain way…. you could be ready for action in two seconds!

They were a lovely couple of young ladies, and I would love to have kept in touch. But no social media back then, and mass use of mobile phones was still five years or so away.
Ayia Napa was just blossoming. Probably a Russian-led rip-off centre now?

I’m more concerned with the chap on the extreme right rocking the ‘knapsack and empty glass’ look. I might have to consult my team of intellectual property lawyers on Monday. At least he isn’t wearing a trilby.

20230520203008-30e9dad4-me.jpg
He was lucky. He went to kneel for the pic and at the last second noticed the champagne flute under where his knee was about to be.

Here's a selfie with a difference. I'm in the top-right corner, for once trusting the AF on the Q2.

To explain, it's a tower with a viewing platform, and a miniature relief model of the view in the centre. Above this, a mirrored canopy. So if you look up, you can see the platform plus down the sides of the tower to the street below. Definitely one where 50mp of Leica goodness helps :). BTW, I did do a keystone adjustment to get the lines sorted before cropping to square.

L1000196.jpg

advertisement

Back