advertisement

Who is brave enough to post a selfie?

Here's a selfie with a difference. I'm in the top-right corner, for once trusting the AF on the Q2.

To explain, it's a tower with a viewing platform, and a miniature relief model of the view in the centre. Above this, a mirrored canopy. So if you look up, you can see the platform plus down the sides of the tower to the street below. Definitely one where 50mp of Leica goodness helps :). BTW, I did do a keystone adjustment to get the lines sorted before cropping to square.

L1000196.jpg
Where is that?

Following on-going issues since my heart surgery last year, I finally got an appointment with my surgeon over at Glenfield today to discuss the way forward. Whilst there, I nipped up to Ward 31 which, once off the vent and out of ICU, I spent the rest of my hospital recovery time. You would be hard-pushed to meet a more amazing, dedicated, skilled and downright supportive group of people anywhere.

Ward 31 by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Following on-going issues since my heart surgery last year, I finally got an appointment with my surgeon over at Glenfield today to discuss the way forward. Whilst there, I nipped up to Ward 31 which, once off the vent and out of ICU, I spent the rest of my hospital recovery time. You would be hard-pushed to meet a more amazing, dedicated, skilled and downright supportive group of people anywhere.

Ward 31 by Boxertrixter, on Flickr
Looking good :cool:

A rare occasion: me on the wazz.

Carl, on the left, had just retired, so we had a suitable, well attended seeing off for him. That was in March, and since then he had got his E39 M5 back on the road, performing as it should do, and the relevant areas all checked for corrosion, treated as necessary. A top guy on Apaches, and for some reason he puts up with me.

advertisement

Back