advertisement

Whisky II

I’m going to be in Edinburgh this weekend. Thinking about buying a bottle of something. Not expensive, maybe up to £75 or so, so not serious boutique stuff, but where should I go for a decent choice of real world Scotch?

Wondered about these two. I was a bit worried that RMW, in particular, might be priced for the tourist market, due to its location.

Wondered about these two. I was a bit worried that RMW, in particular, might be priced for the tourist market, due to its location.
Shouldn't be - I think the shop follows the website for pricing which is well-regarded:

I’m going to be in Edinburgh this weekend. Thinking about buying a bottle of something. Not expensive, maybe up to £75 or so, so not serious boutique stuff, but where should I go for a decent choice of real world Scotch?
Forced to choose I'd go to Cadenheads.

My two tips would be this very lovely stuff, reputed to be Glenfarclas, or, presuming they do tastings in Edinburgh, whatever is selling well from their current roster. The staff should be able to tell you. I'm never allowed to look because it is my wife's patent whisky present buying method;)

For my last birthday it produced this.

Forced to choose I'd go to Cadenheads.

My two tips would be this very lovely stuff, reputed to be Glenfarclas, or, presuming they do tastings in Edinburgh, whatever is selling well from their current roster. The staff should be able to tell you. I'm never allowed to look because it is my wife's patent whisky present buying method;)

For my last birthday it produced this.

This begs the question: if the Falcon LS3/5A was a whisky, which one would it be?

Stumbled upon this podcast last night, which proved an entertaining accompaniment to a dram or three.
Been watching them for a while. Didn't recommend them here as they're a bit...Marmite.
However they're certainly not stuffy or pretentious and there is quite a good balance between the loudness of the Whisky Baron fella and Posh Scotch chap.

Anyone else getting really fed up with the seemingly incessant raffles MoM is churning out? Must be working for them I suppose.

Well, at the weekend I was in Edinburgh with friends and, following a recommendation from you good folk, we visited Cadenheads.
It didn’t disappoint. Having heeded Mrs P-T’s pleas not to go mad, I confined myself to just the one bottle, of something interesting but sensible. Bought one after a little taste, a Campbeltown Oloroso cask finish for £70. My friend bought a Bunnahabhain bottling for similar money. We have a pact not to open either of them unless the other is present, so we’ll each enjoy trying them both.

Well, at the weekend I was in Edinburgh with friends and, following a recommendation from you good folk, we visited Cadenheads.
It didn’t disappoint. Having heeded Mrs P-T’s pleas not to go mad, I confined myself to just the one bottle, of something interesting but sensible. Bought one after a little taste, a Campbeltown Oloroso cask finish for £70. My friend bought a Bunnahabhain bottling for similar money. We have a pact not to open either of them unless the other is present, so we’ll each enjoy trying them both.
This one?:

advertisement

Back