advertisement

Whisky II

The plan for tonight was to drink old fashioned's until the Aberfeldy 12 was finished, however that's taken a blow as I'd only enough ice for the one (which was nice!). So I've decided to open a bottle of Prosecco instead.

I've been in quarantine now for 20 days give or take...Just looked and I'm about to finish the litre of Talisker Dark Storm I bought on the way through the Hell that was Helsinki. Is that excessive drinking?

TCDYFv9VwyDO69z2Ts71T67xOpStnL3UBXsWq1NTFUAjv3eDrcByCHSKIM_Z4HaXMNrVp1WxgwJej99RVVgkpT40JYoAn1aEgnyJ7EwcGeKhcHkyNVzrDsxzPDaWrf8rZZtlSse-MYDoHmI9iyaHNQTBsAgakBlUfsWYygH81-6c0xSGtCQWJOKOV5X3FDXXoXE9UTT9o6OtEu9UY_ll_6rCj2g-2Spx5tyZVqbO-kmfiQXMIHI7qb4vnOTSAwpnmpH9-BI8qyzdLpq3MoqCzinjb_yzpaIxoSlaKqKu_wQnhqL33q7COOR8lCUd3gSHYOhBStH7gmZWx5OtHZENJPWQmCAMKKT7fuMRoOvlCSrEOKh7kaiysV7yU2n8tGc3GMpgY-nbnAUM7V51p1ZuJ2HhVG297hONB4OfrZ15I9ZjEmYSryB2w0efCwtNPatA4kgaQQZpwFB2bLrPW2l2wAw0HMqRIaZ72T_QhwAh4iJdQqWYdRugjK96V8mZwVCd1FvbF2I_5hUwRWlPZM3UCVgq9ZojwVp_u7RGFm7vocOBwQyuckq9BtbSUdQ6SWsB-OrGESmHSCOU80B7PV1HRQxRjPtBLMifAjkCK4i6Gx-heg5_OOv39xci5h4LYdCQ3mwN_xhk9eCIoEuuX9Qw9ebEsF4YNAHIG8pi3Kzo0Zs_M-Yc71Njrzazxz5YEbc_fv6XjSZdhFIxOqhGgRMLIzkyzw=w2124-h1592-no

XalYMz-bDDsMoq3ufi-7IUZoApElNV4rk4NAh-dVoeAUaub81e4Y0bKM4I_7AnCjWGQscfzmUltFi8VGVua5dl5hWb_njZKvMqiX2-h1VR-UsZid51LL8KZmvkWK7vRqm9K2me_BB_GfDwvAdb8m5x3OQD8P1K-cvNdTkq8EtVFBfPkvd-tgyHJudqTGUhuXR_qGKcUpAR9fVqQdnGiF7ikoahtTylCn3pW-bcdaUru6AGHG2SlJCAcDr--XKhY_SvsFo1WDvYvc0ZhWHaDK_u2NAhnPmVLqTd0ZsU8Whhq_L1fHPDOKJmlLialOvJ4LvDY7We_ILg5Bu1o0EVRn7h1TsjTvgNHAfEYYgJa2muvZn8V3BBI8za0_VES05wFMU5_QMo3pOboWvGh_JAHHWpw-iYry_7r3Y5V240AJl7tWjYIhUEVvX3w3BGHRRPTLvRzwC04K6JFKZ2z3ls1FSTeewj8x1hxDdxOiATI3FcjHCnmw0LHWFPE59fw2VDFr56TAi3YmFSw68yhL9ImNM_Wpu6ddiDjUVVaXijCCzENHyrxYN4x4aXIwLnq8M5rn0-FjYGzZ0GwMO94n-Uv2pISeGUEMyuH0am_4h2lzfhDHOLe-NTpqxUu7a997VCdDuSeNUL8G6hsyOdDN3u-7_MNVobnypoSlvktqzyU87JAmByJWg-0PkWbRT1F2_EGGlF7yaah8wtD0tZpVCFEy7dDxxg=w2124-h1592-no

I've eaten....well some of it...not really a rice fan so mostly leave that...and anything that looks or tastes really suss!

BBC News - Bladnoch whisky distillery: From zero production to full capacity
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-60242730
Mixed feelings about this. Whilst it’s great to see the distillery up and running and on a firm footing, I remember it from the old Armstrong ownership. Quite rustic and homely. Very good whisky at very good prices. There was also private bottlings for club members, not just Bladnoch but all manner of whisky. The new owner has comprehensively gutted and refurbished the place. Not a negative development by any means but he’s taken it very much upmarket. I find their current expressions aimed squarely at the tourist market and significantly overpriced, but as I said, good to see Lowland distilling thriving.

Mixed feelings about this. Whilst it’s great to see the distillery up and running and on a firm footing, I remember it from the old Armstrong ownership. Quite rustic and homely. Very good whisky at very good prices. There was also private bottlings for club members, not just Bladnoch but all manner of whisky. The new owner has comprehensively gutted and refurbished the place. Not a negative development by any means but he’s taken it very much upmarket. I find their current expressions aimed squarely at the tourist market and significantly overpriced, but as I said, good to see Lowland distilling thriving.
Can't argue with that...I bought a bottle of the 11yo from House of Malt recently when it was on offer...still over £50.
Have you used Whisybroker? Run by Raymond Armstrong's son Martin...great value IBs.
https://www.whiskybroker.co.uk/
Wonder where this was distilled: https://www.whiskybroker.co.uk/70cl,-10yo-lowland-malt-c-1-p-273

My surname is Armstrong...no relation.

I didn’t know it was his son that ran it.
Yes, I’ve wondered that as well, but I didn’t take the plunge in case it was Glenkinchie. Nothing against Glenkinchie, just never found it particularly exciting.

I didn’t know it was his son that ran it.
Yes, I’ve wondered that as well, but I didn’t take the plunge in case it was Glenkinchie. Nothing against Glenkinchie, just never found it particularly exciting.
I was wondering whether it might somehow be old stock Bladnoch...or would they have transferred that to the new owners.

I didn't bother trying to get one either. I do have an unopened Scorch committee, but that was about £100, which is about as far as I would normally spend as a limit. 150 is ridiculous, I would rather rather a Corry, Uigy and Wee Beastie for that amount ( roughly).

advertisement

Back