advertisement

Whisky II

I opened the Campbeltown Enigma last week and was initially underwhelmed by the neck pour. Had another dram last night and its starting to open up nicely. It is apparently a mix of hazelburn and kilkerran bourbon barrels at 15 years. A way to mark the festival on in the wee toun this week, slainte!

As the guys on this thread know by now, I'm a bit lowbrow about my malts, though I do try and grab good offers at my local Tesco superstore. I've enjoyed Auchentoshan and Bunnahabhain already and I was pleased to see both back on offer today. But the one I bought was Penderyn at £28 and this was a good choice. I like it. Subtle, flowery and fruity, smooth, nice aftertaste. Makes me think of certain aspects of Scapa and Springbank. I don't know if the boffins here would agree with that......

So as a good Welsh boy I'm finding this well tidy. We'll keep a welcome in the hillside, is it? Oh, very good, very good. Well, there we are then!

^That's a good deal, especially for Laphroaig fans who have only tasted their entry offerings.

10% off HoM until midnight with MAY10....trying desperately hard to convince myself I really, really don't need more whisky...

^That's a good deal, especially for Laphroaig fans who have only tasted their entry offerings.

10% off HoM until midnight with MAY10....trying desperately hard to convince myself I really, really don't need more whisky...
Have a couple of Lakes Whiskymaker's Reserve #7 in my basket but will be holding out. I think.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
My favourite whiskey at the moment is an award-winning Australian whiskey, Starward Two Fold which is a cracker of a dram for around $69AUD on special (approx £36).
Looks like limited availability in the UK at the moment - oos at the Retailers I've checked.

Last edited:
New bottles up on Whiskybroker. Oh very dear me. Went for the Glen Moray sherry monster. Tempted by the Orkney.
That's the Glen Moray for me as well plus the 28 yo speyside which was stored a few months back and the £30 blended malt.
I’ve no experience of Duncan Taylor or Octave casks but these sets look interesting. I especially like the idea of tasting the whisky at different times on its cask journey. Or are they a bit gimmicky and overpriced? I’d probably go for the Glenrothes as I’ve never tried their malt before. Thoughts?

https://thespiritsembassy.com/pages...MxNt-olkftMJKwzadKsnY5x7m8d1H7vq7fZjn4.QSe6mC
I've had a few Glenrothes over the years, £90 seems a bit steep for a 9 year with two samples. I went up to £80 odd for an auctioned bottle of Glenrothes 21 yo from Cadenheads in the past couple of months and missed out, I had that one and it was great but was not going over my budget for it, there are lots of sherries Glenrothes out there, Jimbo, though these are all part of the journey. Good luck in whatever you decide 👍

advertisement

Back