advertisement

Which Uni courses are likely to lead to jobs in future ?

The problem is that a large percentage of employers want degree educated now, even if the job really doesn't require that level of acheivement.
Yes agreed and I had the same thought nanoseconds after posting. My experience of doing IT for Finance firms is that most of them don't care about candidates having a degree BUT not all employers take that view.

I'm in the process of changing career and it's bonkers how many <£30k jobs I see that specify a postgrad qualification.

Dammit Joe I was expecting one of these.

NFYzO8T.jpeg

Grave digger... are they still a thing even or do they use machines these days? Oh and someone has to make the coffins..

Boy this got morbid....
They use a mini digger.
A mate did DHSS enforced work placement with the team in the local cemetery , not a pleasant experience.

Reactions: gez
Yes agreed and I had the same thought nanoseconds after posting. My experience of doing IT for Finance firms is that most of them don't care about candidates having a degree BUT not all employers take that view.

I'm in the process of changing career and it's bonkers how many <£30k jobs I see that specify a postgrad qualification.
Why is it bonkers?

Most degrees require three years of study which demonstrates the ability to commit to something and get a result.

Paul,

I hear ya, bro. I’m still trying to break into bee bum photography but try as I might it’s too narrow a niche to bank on.

52707252914_ad7d7a891f_k_d.jpg

Joe
Where is Vuk today and are you still drinking partners , he really could take photographs and give you red hot advice.

Why is it bonkers? Most degrees require three years of study which demonstrates the ability to commit to something and get a result.

True. But a few years experience in a job can show the same thing. Plus it shows you can do the actual job itself and how good you are at it.

Mick

Where is Vuk today and are you still drinking partners , he really could take photographs and give you red hot advice.

Vuk is still around, though not in the same city where I live. I don't think bee bums are his thing. He's more into boring boudoir and glamour photography instead of the fascinating world of insect macros.

Joe

Mick

Vuk is still around, though not in the same city where I live. I don't think bee bums are his thing. He's more into boring boudoir and glamour photography instead of the fascinating world of insect macros.

Joe
To be honest Joe, I would have thought a Bees bum is less attractive than a front facial view. Still each to his own.

advertisement

Back