advertisement

Which full frame lenses for D850 ?

I agree, the chances of us getting a motorised FTZ are between zero...and zero. :(

Such a shame when so many great lenses abound - yes, MF is fine (I use it a lot) but I still feel Nikon may have missed a trick by not supporting their older stuff.

@Colinb - if you're interested, I will be listing my Sigma 35/1.4 ART for sale soon. Mint and boxed. It's a gorgeous lens but I just got the Z 50/1.8 and I can't justify keeping both.

I agree, the chances of us getting a motorised FTZ are between zero...and zero. :(

Such a shame when so many great lenses abound - yes, MF is fine (I use it a lot) but I still feel Nikon may have missed a trick by not supporting their older stuff.

Agree 100% - there should have been two FTZ adaptors at launch. One motorised and one not. Sony have multiple official adaptors for their alpha cameras to support older lenses.

The main reason I've stuck with Pentax is that the old film era lenses (auto and manual focus) all work fine with their DSLR's. I was very tempted to jump ship to Canon years back when they had the only affordable full-frame DSLR, but am now glad I held off until Pentax finally released a FF camera.

@SteveG - this is one thing which surprised me about Nikon because many of their cameras will support their own lenses back to the AI days, including full matrix metering. The Df works with pre-AI too.

advertisement

Back