advertisement

When is a spring not a spring ? When it’s a polymer Insole

Hello Martin.

Thanks for your enquiry.

We still sell to the US, with RM ever increasing their charges, we unfortunately must follow suit Sir.

Best wishes.

John.

I fitted a set last week and I am very, very happy with the result. John supplied them a couple of months ago but I waited until I had sometime off in order to make before & after needle drops and do some isolation experiments. With hindsight I wished I'd just fitted them straight away and enjoyed them over the last two months. I would say the improvement of going from Karousel+springs to Karousel+In soles is as much as going from Cirkus+springs to Karousel+springs, maybe more.
I found that the isolation from acoustic feedback is about the same between In soles and Springs, so if it is not down to isolation then, perhaps, the In Soles are better at preventing the subchassis rotating due to the motor (a la Roksan Xerxes).

I posted my findings on acoustic feedback on the WAM LP12 forum but it seems PFM doesn't like me linking to it. There I included some needledrops of my LP12 playing a silent groove while the speakers were playing - if you want to listen it is the thread about 'metal plinth makers?' post #53 but I would say there is hardly any difference in that test.

Hello Martin.

Thanks for your enquiry.

We still sell to the US, with RM ever increasing their charges, we unfortunately must follow suit Sir.

Best wishes.

John.

Do you sell to Canada, John?
Apologies if this is a redundant question.
Thanks in advance…

Brian

if you want to listen it is the thread about 'metal plinth makers?' post #53 but I would say there is hardly any difference in that test.

I found the springs played the HFN+RR test record groove with real verve, in tune, perfect, while with the insoles it was like there was no music there, just broken, or perhaps I clicked on the wrong links :D

Thanks for the hard work Your Grace, keep it up.

Do you sell to Canada, John?
Apologies if this is a redundant question.
Thanks in advance…

Brian

Hello Brian.

I've lost count of how many In Soles we've sold to LP12 owners in Canada. I have close family links living there too Sir. So yes indeed we do ship our products there regularly.

Best wishes.
John.

I've lost count of how many In Soles we've sold to LP12 owners in Canada. I have close family links living there too Sir. So yes indeed we do ship our products there regularly.
G'day John

You might not have seen my latest PM requesting more personal information to appease the anti money laundering policy of my bank. It's becoming a right royal PITA to get a set of Insoles to New Zealand. Can you please let me know via PM if you want to proceed with international bank-to-bank transfer, or if you prefer for me to remit money to a fellow UK-based PFMer via Paypal and they make a bank transfer to you? @AV8 has kindly offer to be an intermediary if you're uncomfortable with the personal information request.

Cheers,
James

Hello Brian.

Best wishes.
John.

Thanks John, order placed...

G'day John

You might not have seen my latest PM requesting more personal information to appease the anti money laundering policy of my bank. It's becoming a right royal PITA to get a set of Insoles to New Zealand. Can you please let me know via PM if you want to proceed with international bank-to-bank transfer, or if you prefer for me to remit money to a fellow UK-based PFMer via Paypal and they make a bank transfer to you? @AV8 has kindly offer to be an intermediary if you're uncomfortable with the personal information request.

Cheers,
James

I Did indeed James and I did respond, I no longer use PayPal and I had a couple of very busy accounts with them, but they cancelled Toby Young's Free speech union, so I cancelled them.

Chase your bank again with the PI I sent you I can do no more for them it just seems a case of them shutting down small to medium sized businesses. Money laundering by Lil ole me my Ass!

Regards

John.

G'day John

Cheers,
James

Hello James, quite happy for @AV 8 to pay me on your behalf, so long as both of you trust me. These things are selling so quickly with my present health issues I'm struggling to keep up, but I'll ship out as soon as I can once payment is received. I think folk can trust me as they can read how I handled selling my first 10 Sole sub-chassis on pfm all those years ago, ( 2008 I believe).

Best wishes.

John.

I Did indeed James and I did respond, I no longer use PayPal and I had a couple of very busy accounts with them, but they cancelled Toby Young's Free speech union, so I cancelled them.

Toby Young is a vile far-right misogynist, homophobe, eugenicist, and outspoken conspiracy theorist. A peddler of lies, bigotry and misinformation. Good on PayPal for removing a funding channel from a dangerous conspiracy theorist. FWIW I would ban him here for sure. Instantly. No way in hell would I publish or in anyway endorse the shit he writes. I’m surprised you would damage your business to defend such a person.

Hello James, quite happy for @AV 8 to pay me on your behalf, so long as both of you trust me. These things are selling so quickly with my present health issues I'm struggling to keep up, but I'll ship out as soon as I can once payment is received. I think folk can trust me as they can read how I handled selling my first 10 Sole sub-chassis on pfm all those years ago, ( 2008 I believe).
G'day John. I trust you more than my bank (for over 30 years) does me. You should expect the funds from AV8 imminently.

Toby Young is a vile far-right misogynist, homophobe, eugenicist, and outspoken conspiracy theorist. A peddler of lies, bigotry and misinformation. Good on PayPal for removing a funding channel from a dangerous conspiracy theorist. FWIW I would ban him here for sure. Instantly. No way in hell would I publish or in anyway endorse the shit he writes. I’m surprised you would damage your business to defend such a person.

That's as maybe, but it is his prerogative to say, but I would still defend his right to free speech. However much I may disagree with him or find his comments offensive.

Some folk find some comedians offensive, but folk need to grow up if you don't like them don't read their articles or go to see them. That's as much as I'm going to say on the subject and will not respond to any further posts on the matter. I have my little business to run.

I’m pretty certain he has been reinstated on PayPal. Didn’t know of him until yesterday.

Thanks for that John. BTW your's, James's & Brian's In-Soles will be mailed out tomorrow afternoon.

Best wishes.

John.

Thanks for that John. BTW your's, James's & Brian's In-Soles will be mailed out tomorrow afternoon.
Hi John, can you PM @AV8 your surname, which I don't seem to have, and advise whether your account is a personal or business account. He's ready to remit, but just need this last detail.

Thanks,
James

advertisement

Back