advertisement

When is a spring not a spring ? When it’s a polymer Insole

Does anyone have a picture of the underside of a LP12 after it’s been setup with the In-Soles in place? I was wondering how compatible they would be with the Tiger Paw Khan studs that support the springs. As you can see from the photo they are not fully threaded their entire length unlike the stock top plate bolts.

DSC01642-1024x742.jpeg

Don´t know where the top grommet would sit on that stud. Is it flush with the underside of the Khan ? or does it rest where the thread starts ? If the former, no chance.

Easily remedied with a quick change of stud M5. be sure not to insert them full depth through leave a mm or two and use a a locknut to secure the In Sole will clear the nut and won't interfere with it. There are other means to overcome this issue but will be more bodge like. If you change your mind John, you can send them back for a refund.

John, MartinC, Brian and James.

I had indicated that I would be shipping out yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately My BP was through the roof yesterday afternoon during a cardiac clinic appointment, so they shipped me off to hospital for further tests. I was discharged too late to make the post so they were all shipped out today instead.

Last edited:

I had indicated that I would be shipping out yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately My BP was through the roof yesterday afternoon during a cardiac clinic appointment, so they shipped me off to hospital for further tests. I was discharged too late to make the post so they were all shipped out today instead.

Hope you are feeling better soon John.

Does anyone have a picture of the underside of a LP12 after it’s been setup with the In-Soles in place? I was wondering how compatible they would be with the Tiger Paw Khan studs that support the springs. As you can see from the photo they are not fully threaded their entire length unlike the stock top plate bolts.

DSC01642-1024x742.jpeg
Interesting question, because I too have the Khan. Will see how your installation goes, John. My insoles have further to travel and so might take longer to get to me. I'd experiment with spacers if the non-threaded part of the bolt fouls the insoles.

Sounds like an interesting product.Whst do they look like and what do they cost?

I see a Thorens 150 or a 160 in my future. I owned a Thorens 160 for nigh on 35 years.Sold it for peanuts - without the Morch UP-4.

Would they bring a spring in the steps of my Thorens 135?

Otherwise I have a springy Thorens 110 here.

FWIW, I have a Stack machined top-plate and had no problems, but the amount of thread on the studs might not exactly match the Khan. I didn't think to take a photo during installation.
I must say I am really enjoying my LP12 with the In Soles (if I am allowed to still call it an LP12 :), at least it still looks like one). If the improvement is due to reduced sub-chassis rotation from motor vibrations then, maybe, I get maximum benefit as I am a Lingo1 user. Obviously, Linn can't ditch the springs as that would be brand suicide so, maybe, their sledgehammer solution is Radikal to reduce vibrations at source? Perhaps, then, Radikal users won't hear such an improvement.

FWIW, I have a Stack machined top-plate and had no problems, but the amount of thread on the studs might not exactly match the Khan. I didn't think to take a photo during installation.
I must say I am really enjoying my LP12 with the In Soles (if I am allowed to still call it an LP12 :), at least it still looks like one). If the improvement is due to reduced sub-chassis rotation from motor vibrations then, maybe, I get maximum benefit as I am a Lingo1 user. Obviously, Linn can't ditch the springs as that would be brand suicide so, maybe, their sledgehammer solution is Radikal to reduce vibrations at source? Perhaps, then, Radikal users won't hear such an improvement.
Thanks for your response. The amount of threads on the Stack top plate studs that support the springs look like they maybe a bit greater.

Alto-Top-Plate_22_1-1-scaled.jpg

The solution for fitting mushroom’s or In-Soles to a Khan or Karmen top plate if you want to retain the supplied studs is to use spacers sold by LinnArts that sells the mushrooms.

g8A0Zy9.jpeg

Last edited:

No problem at all, the mail service are estimating an Aug 1 delivery... I think one could row across the Atlantic quicker! All the best and hope that all is back on track health wise.

Regards

I was also wondering if DC motor Linn decks would benefit as much from the InSole? I use a Mober DC motor so any motor induced vibrationt would presumably be less and at a different frequency than an AC setup.

No problem at all, the mail service are estimating an Aug 1 delivery... I think one could row across the Atlantic quicker! All the best and hope that all is back on track health wise.

Regards

Yes, indeed Royal Mail and their overseas mail partners are somewhat tardy, but costs are low for customers. Also good things come to he/she who waits.

The solution for fitting mushroom’s or In-Soles to a Khan or Karmen top plate if you want to retain the supplied studs is to use spacers sold by LinnArts that sells the mushrooms.

g8A0Zy9.jpeg

Very neat solution John. Incidentally, Lennart also sells our In-Soles across Europe.

g8A0Zy9.jpeg
Thanks for the tip, John. Do you happen to know the dimensions of the spacers supplied by LinnArt?

I was also wondering if DC motor Linn decks would benefit as much from the InSole? I use a Mober DC motor so any motor induced vibrationt would presumably be less and at a different frequency than an AC setup.

The investment in money and time to try the In Soles is not large so I would recommend anyone who is capable of fitting them to try. And, I believe, you can return them if not satisfied.

The investment in money and time to try the In Soles is not large so I would recommend anyone who is capable of fitting them to try. And, I believe, you can return them if not satisfied.

Yes we accept returns if undamaged and at customers cost, should they not work for you.. I must add we have only ever had a miniscule amount returned after having sold many hundreds of sets.

I ordered the spacers from LinnArt which also includes 3 X Linn mudguards, 3 x Linn Turret lock nuts and 4 X rubber sticks which are to add temporary protection between the subchassis and top plate when installing the new bits. When used with In-Soles one is to discard the white plastic nut and use the spacers in their place followed by a mudguard washer and turret lock nut.

yC5QO8d.jpeg

7m5tmJY.jpeg

advertisement

Back