advertisement

When I joined I had... and now ...

2 many boxes

pfm Member
As a warning to new members:

Started with: LP12 / Ittok / Dynavector DV10X4H / Armageddon / 42.5 / HiCap / 110 / linn Index mk 2

And now: LP12/Ekos 2/Akiva/Armageddon/Dynavector P75/82/TPX2/Naim 242/TPX2/A260Z x 2/SL2

:)

As a warning to new members:

Started with: LP12 / Ittok / Dynavector DV10X4H / Armageddon / 42.5 / HiCap / 110 / linn Index mk 2

And now: LP12/Ekos 2/Akiva/Armageddon/Dynavector P75/82/TPX2/Naim 242/TPX2/A260Z x 2/SL2

:)

Thats a massive deroute

Funny as it happens I have the exact gear as you started up, let me know and I can hand it over to you and remove the crap setup your left now:cool:

Start of pfm forum: LP12, Zeta, MC25FL, Tom Evans Microgroove, Naim CDX, Naim 32.5, Hicap, 250, Linn Kan IIs, Mana.

Now: Garrard 301, SME M2-10, Ortofon 2M Black, Rega Apollo-R, Rega DAC, Quad 34, 306, 15" Tannoy Monotor Gold. (Also Thorens TD-124/II, 3 x SME 3009, 2 x Lenco L70, Sony SCD940QS, Audio Synthesis PAS-02, another Quad 34, 2x Quad 33, Quad 303, Leak Stereo 20, Apple MacBook Pro, Focusrite 2i2, Klipsch La Scala, JR149, two BK XLS400DF subs, quite a few cartridges and two wind-up gramophones).

Your investment can go down as well as up.

Before I joined: Airport Express/Beresford Dac/Arcam Alpha 9 CDP/Rotel Pre/Linn Lk280 Power amp/Kef Concerto

Now: Cambridge Audio Sonata/Audiolab 8200CDP/Adam Artist 6

Although there *might* have been other purchases in between that I have conveniently forgotten about...

Joined: Rega P3 / Super Bias, Naim CD3.5, Naim Nait 3R, Tannoy Revolution R3

Now: NA Ace Spacedeck / Origin Live Conquerer / Ortofon Kontrapunkt A, Sonos / M2Tech Young DAC, Silvercore Preamp One / Puresound A30, Noteworthy Phonote, Audio Note AN-J/D

(and quite a few systems in between!)

Lefty

On joining, one system:
Synology DS213J > Sonos Connect > Audiolab MDAC > Cyrus X Power > Sonus faber Venere 1.5
Plus headfi: Grado SR 325i

Now, five systems fed from Synology DS213J :
Sonos Connect > Musical Fidelity M-PWR > Neat Iotas
Sonos Connect (Cullen upgrade) > Audiolab MDAC (“Toy” upgrade) > Grado SR 325i / Hifiman HE-500
Sonos Connect (Cullen upgrade) > Peachtree decco2 > Sonus faber Venere 1.5
Sonos Connect (Fidelity Audio upgrade) > Sugden A21a > PMC Gb1i
Devialet 170 > Martin Logan Montis (with GIK bass traps and acoustic panels)

started with LP12/Akito/Majik/Ninkas have now
LP12/Ittok/Leben cs600/Harbeth M30

Sold today a Garrard 401 and a Loricraft RCM
Next will be the Layers of beauty plinth (need a few posts more) and the LP12

Plan for the future is to find a better tt.

When I joined, I can't remember what I had for sure but it was at the time I had moved predominately from Linn to Naim, but, there was a need for further improvement. Now I have a combination of Linn, Naim, Avondale, Epona, Clearaudio, Monitor Audio and Chord and my record/cd collection has probably tripled in size.

I have more or less the same system now as when I joined, except that now I view hifi as a filthy aberration.

Joined: Linn LP12/Dyna 10X4/Akito, Nat02, CDS2, Nac82, Scap, Snaxo, Hcap, 2 X Nap250, SBL, Hcap, Headline, Senn. 580

ATC CA2, ATC Active 20's

Wadia 302 CD player, Pass Labs X-1 pre, X-150 power, Magnepan MMG modified with pair of REL subs

Now: Naim Uniti1, Nap100, Larsen Model 4, Kan2
Plinius 8200, Shahinian Obelisk2

The now occurred after I left wife, the "joined" systems were lost paying court fees etc., however I am still alive and did not put that bullet in my skull. Guess there is hope after all, and I am a much happier person!

Bloody hell. Ten years.

No real progress. Bought a lot. Sold a lot. Had lots of fun. Listened more and learned more ;)

What strikes me is that the electronics world has been transformed in that decade yet the hifi I had in 2003 was every bit as good as that which I would pay considerably more for now.

What strikes me is that the electronics world has been transformed in that decade yet the hifi I had in 2003 was every bit as good as that which I would pay considerably more for now.

The only things that have really changed for me is that I've now got 88.2 days worth of music stashed on my MacBook, access to a huge music library via Spotify and a 64GB iPhone for on-the-move listening. Other than that my hi-fi has just got far bigger, far older and is now spread across the house in multiple systems rather than all in the one room.

Music wise I've got a fair bit less vinyl (but a more tightly focussed and selected collection) and far, far more CDs!

Good point about the music Tony.

I would say that the decade has seen my music taste diversify and become richer and it's in no small part down to the people I met via PFM.

LP12/Aro/Akiva/Prefix/Epona; CDS2; NAC 52; ATC SCM 100A SL

SME30/V/A90/RDT SE; CDS2; Modified NAC 52; ATC 150 SL AT

The only item to survive unscathed is the CDS2. No meaningful upgrade available.

Hmm..taxing my memory, probably:

LP12/Aro/CD3.5/Mcbrided 42.5/140/Credos

Now: LP12 (same one but with Greenstreet chassis)/Manley Stingray/Zu Essence Mk2), oh and lots of digital DIY

And many boxes in between!

Ah, I think I had the following:

LP12 Valhalla - Lingo 1 - Ittock LVII Troika - 72-Hi Cap- 140 - CD 3.5 and ES-14

Now:

LP12 Cirkus - Lingo 1(Weekes Mod) - Ittock LVII Expert Stylus rebuilt Troika
Cambridge P640 (to be or not to be Arklessed). SBT- TTouch PS -TeddyDac, Teddy PR1- MB100s -Shahinian Obelisk

Still hanging around: NAC 72 - NAC 82 - Hi Cap- Sonic Bliss-Dual Teddycap - Sony CDP-715 - Kef LS50 - Naim SBL- Shahinian Arc - SB3 - NAC A5 and a Systemdek Biscuit tin.

advertisement

Back