advertisement

When did you last visit a HiFi Shop for a Demonstration?

When did you last visit a HiFi Shop for a demonstration?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I visited two places about 6 years ago. Spent about £8k at one on a turntable and arm. At the other got a demo of some speakers and then arranged a home demo, but they were too big for my room.

Reactions: GT
7 months ago.

Also had a nice tour of the Audio Note factory recently where I heard the new prototype AN-C and lunatic money amp.

Not had a demo at a dealer for over a decade, I tend to borrow stuff for home dem but not bought anything of note for long time. I am eyeing some ATC actives but that will involve a home demo.

Two decades ago...

Haven't been to a show since 2011.

Could you please add option for 1 decade ago and 2 decades ago?

my previous and only other hi-fi shop visit was in 2003. A shame. I wish I had a closer store.

When was the Epos M5/12i current? Thats the last time. The sound was so not different to my ancient Monitor Audio R852MD speakers and the 12i were worse I walked out embarrassed. Though a couple of years ago I bought a pair of the M12i off Ebay cheap and they are now my preferred choice!?! So much for the visit, though I suppose it did save me lots of dosh buying them new at the time :)

Shop demo to compare whatever it is I'm interested in, if more than one, then home demo for the preferred option. If only one, then I still have a shop demo first, to ensure i don't take against it immediately. There's no point hauling furniture about or disturbing the cats unless I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy.

2001, it seems. That surprises me as I had thought it was mid-90s.

The previous one would have been 1978, so I guess another will be coming up in five years or so.

PS why are multiple votes allowed?

Last edited:

advertisement

Back