advertisement

What's your favourite summer drink or cocktail?

Sainsbury’s cherry's and berries squash delicious, you only need a splash as it’s very concentrated.

Pete

A G&T is always enhanced by a garnish that matches and brings out the botanicals in the specific gin. A slice of cucumber can ruin a decent gin

Rosé de Provence. Chilled.
Very good in the sunshine. I remember being on a cycling holiday in Provence, my pal and I had stopped for the day and we were enjoying a relaxing beer. A white van pulled up, 3 builder types got out, filthy, covered in dust, and greeted the barman. "The usual! And get a glass for yourself!" Amidst tales of what a bloody awful day they had had toiling away in a baking roof space, choking in dust and cobwebs, they all sat sipping Rosé de Provence from slender glasses in the late afternoon sunshine.

I am a great believer that the Tonic is more important than the Gin. We normally drink Tanqueray 10 but favour Fevertree tonic. It is very addictive and totally natural and flavours really come out.

Sadly the best drinking Gin and Tonic experience is always in Spain. The Gin is very good and cheap from the local bodega and we have a lemon tree with a multitude of fresh lemons that are way better than any shop bought one.

I am a great believer that the Tonic is more important than the Gin.
the botanicals in the gin are released by the bubbles in the tonic, and bring out the flavour profile of gin. Fevertree is ok, a notch up from schweppes. Franklins is excellent. Fentimans, Double Dutch, and Bon Accord are all up there.

We used to use these at the gin tastings and juniper society I used to run.

G&T is about balance, all the ingredients in harmony.

Don't forget the garnish though.

I have a few Spanish gins in the remaing stash of about 60 bottles, like anything they can be very good and pants. They have some really interesting botanicals including olives etc...

advertisement

Back