advertisement

What's the PM going to announce?

Interesting conundrum for the opposition parties. Do they agree to the election or not.

Its clear the Tories want to strengthen their hand while they see Labour as ineffectual and more importantly before it becomes clear that they cannot deliver on their Brexit promises and the electorate realise they've been led up the garden path.

I wonder how the SNP will approach it. They cant win any more MP's but can make the results a quasi-independence vote.

Whatever happens I hope the Tories fall on their arse big time.. Cue nauseating headlines from the Mail, Express, Sun etc...

I thought she needs a majority vote in parliament to call an election inside the 5 years?
Whatever it looks like a push for a mandate to do what she likes re brexit.

May is effectively saying it is your patriotic duty to vote Conservative.

LibDems have made a statement saying "bring it on".

I suspect Corbyn is still in the toilet.

Pretty awful speech from Darth May too. Castigating the opposition parties for the audacity to... well oppose, anything that the Tories want to do. its called a ****ing democracy you ghastly witch.

At least this will be the end of Corbyn and Labour might just get their heads out of their arses. Possibility of a Labour government in, say, 10 years time.

It is my duty to vote against her and everything she seems to stand for. A very cynical move that is only being done before Brexit unravels.

I will certainly be voting Lib Dem.

Well, the good news is that Corbyn will be history come 9 June.

But the bad news is that we'll have a de facto Tory dictatorship with the support of around 30% of the electorate. Grim times just got a lot more grim.

I will never vote LD as long as they refuse to rule out another coalition with the Tories. They're just another bunch of unscrupulous bottom-feeders otherwise.

A coalition is what we want, it is the only way to stop a Tory majority. Labour can not possibly win this, so the real choice on the table is Hard-Tory-Brexit or a minority Tory party with a real anti-Brexit Lib Dem spanner in the works. I think we might actually be able to achieve this assuming the Libs make their case well! We must vote for the spanner!

A coalition is what we want, it is the only way to stop a Tory majority. Labour can not possibly win this, so the real choice on the table is Hard-Tory-Brexit or a minority Tory party with a real anti-Brexit Lib Dem spanner in the works. I think we might actually be able to achieve this assuming the Libs make their case well! We must vote for the spanner!

I hate the Liberals because of tuition fees bit I'll be voting tactically for the spanner!

Could actually be a good move long-term as it means the Tories own Brexit 100%. I will be voting Lib Dem and I suggest every remainer does the same. We need to make it absolutely clear where the blame lies and we need to vote against the government. I only hope that Labour have dumped Corbyn and are a coherent credible opposition in five years time. This time they will certainly be wiped out, and deserve to be. Right now the Libs are the opposition IMHO, they need our votes.
Could turn out to be the largest turnout in a general election in history

I voted for Brexit but it's Lib dems for me in this election, Brexit or not.

Maybe it's their time, one can hope.

Ooh, this is a big risk. Her party represents hard Brexit, but article 50 has now been triggered. Brexit is happening one way or the other, hard or not, and Labour can now represent those that either want out but don't want a hard Brexit, and the remain voters who will presumably also not want a hard Brexit.

That's likely to be an awful lot of people..

Ooh, this is a big risk. Her party represents hard Brexit, but article 50 has now been triggered. Brexit is happening one way or the other, hard or not, and Labour can now represent those that either want out but don't want a hard Brexit, and the remain voters who will presumably also not want a hard Brexit.

That's likely to be an awful lot of people..

The EU have stated the application to leave by the UK is reversible.

advertisement

Back