advertisement

Whats the longest you've had a bit of Kit thats still in your system???

I have had my Bryston 4B-st and PMC FB1 speakers since 1999. The Bryston warranty will be up soon!

Reactions: MVJ
Monitor Audio GX100 speakers and a fanless SSD netbook that is used as digital transport.

Both a little over five years.

My carbon brush (circa 30 years) and my Nakamichi RX202E (about 14/15 years) which I bought for a song from Ebay and had serviced by Bowers & Wilkins in Worthing where lived at the time.

Hi,

LP12, 1980, cannot remember the arm think the cartridge was something I bought from Japan, got a Syrinx as Scott was developing the arm in the shop I used to go to, cartridge was a Supex, then got the Ittok not long after the Syrinx.

Happy Days, still have the LP12, Ittok and Karma, still sounds like music.

Cheers

John

I usually don't hold on to my hifi for more than 5 years. The longest that stayed was the B&W CDM 1SE (13 years I think) which I sold several years ago.

The baton has been passed on to the Naim NAC202 and NAP200 now, bought in 2010. It has been in the system for 8 years.

For me it's 8 months. That's my Red Rose speakers, which are not going anywhere. They do pretty well on the end of my Hegel Rost (6 months). However I've got an Esoteric F-05 here for a few weeks that just makes me realise how much more I can get out of them.

That sounds interesting any pics to add?
Not sure how to post pics here
It is an Olive 01
Basically took my CB 01 and came back Olive
Not cheap but I’ve had this tuner over 30yrs. The amortized costs are cheap
Listening as I write this to some lovely old jazz
David

advertisement

Back