advertisement

Whats the longest you've had a bit of Kit thats still in your system???

Cross brace in my LP12, bought as a complete LP12 in '85................

In reality my Grados RS-2s, 11 years.

Hey, I've had my current LP12 cross brace since 1983 so there :) That's probably my oldest owned piece of kit currently in use, no wait, it ties for oldest with my LP12 outer platter! As to oldest items in my kit, I think it could be the Mullard input tubes or Russian output tubes in the Stingray, or the Telefunken tubes in the Chinook. If we are talking whole items then the Naim Aro.

Reactions: MVJ
Thinking about it the oldest audio things I have that have actually been in continuous use since I bought them will be my Audio Technica 637 vibrating stylus cleaner and Hunt EDA carbon fibre brush. I’ve owned both since the days of my first Lenco, so late-70s-early-80s. I found a nice similar period NOS replacement for the Hunt EDA brush a year or so ago (current Chinese ones aren’t as good!) as mine had got a bit clumpy, but I still have my original upstairs in the pfm record shop.

Oh darn, I forgot the AT 637 - mines still going strong from around '82

I have my Michell Oddessey 100 TT which has been in my system for over 12 years because I have'nt heard
anything that would convince me to change it.

I have not changed anything in my system other than swapping out the Tannoy Cheviots for my Tannoy Sterling TW's and Manley Mahi's for my Leak TL12's. Which is more for a change in sound rather than searching for something new.

I am very happy with my system these days:p:rolleyes:
In my current system, my Maggie 1.7s are currently the longest serving bit of kit. They are approximately 8 years old.
However the oldest piece of kit in the house is my LP12/Akito, which I bought in the UK, prior to migrating to Australia in 1994.
My son currently uses it in his bedroom system, along with a Denon DL160 Cart, into a Dynavector P75 Phono stage, hooked up to a pair of Audioengine speakers. Sounds decent enough...

Grease album 1978 xmas , my uncle ian left a fag on the cover and burnt it but still got it.

Are you actually admitting ownership of a grease album?

And to qualify it does have to be in your system being used don't forget:rolleyes:

My trusty old Meridian 200 transport 26 very pleasurable years and counting. I hope it doesn't die I understand that parts are no longer available
Castle Chester mk2 23 years

I’ve still got mine too; though the drawer doesn’t open, which is a fairly fundamental problem. I thing some of the yellow text has disappeared too - it was only a transfer of some kind.

What seems to stand out on this thread is how many members have had LP12's for a substantial amount of time. This is closely followed by other 70s 80s 90s British brands of top quality just goes to show how well quality lasts.

Thinking about it the oldest audio things I have that have actually been in continuous use since I bought them will be my Audio Technica 637 vibrating stylus cleaner and Hunt EDA carbon fibre brush. I’ve owned both since the days of my first Lenco, so late-70s-early-80s. I found a nice similar period NOS replacement for the Hunt EDA brush a year or so ago (current Chinese ones aren’t as good!) as mine had got a bit clumpy, but I still have my original upstairs in the pfm record shop.

Your post reminds me that I still have an Audio Technica vibrating stylus cleaner from when I bought my first real system in 1986.

Your post reminds me that I still have an Audio Technica vibrating stylus cleaner from when I bought my first real system in 1986.

Thinking about it, I have a HiFi News carbon fibre brush - I think it's a rebranded Hunt EDA that I picked up at a HiFi show in either the late 70s or early 80s.

My LP12 / SME 3009 is 1974. Sounds bloody marvellous. Totally original apart from consumables (cartridge, belt, springs, grommets and bearing oil). Although I’ve owned for a mere 10 years or so, my late grandfather bought it new so ‘family owned’. Does that count?!

My LP12 / SME 3009 is 1974. Sounds bloody marvellous. Totally original apart from consumables (cartridge, belt, springs, grommets and bearing oil). Although I’ve owned for a mere 10 years or so, my late grandfather bought it new so ‘family owned’. Does that count?!

If it's in your system Ponty then yes it does :cool:

I’ve still got mine too; though the drawer doesn’t open, which is a fairly fundamental problem. I thing some of the yellow text has disappeared too - it was only a transfer of some kind.
I hope you have a good cd in it!
I am dreading the day it does not open

advertisement

Back
Top Bottom