advertisement

What's The Last Vinyl Album You Bought?

Charlemagne Palestine - Bells Studies
Charlemagne Palestine - Two Electronic Sonorities
Anton Bruhin - 11 Heldengesänge Und 3 Gedichte
Uncle Meat on Straight
'Swans' EP
The Muffins - Manna/Mirage

Thanks Derek. I'd heard a rumour the tapes had been lost. Nice record anyhow. I assume you know DiSilva's Integration?

Thanks Derek. I'd heard a rumour the tapes had been lost. Nice record anyhow. I assume you know DiSilva's Integration?

I know nothing about the record except what it says on the tin and what it sounds like. I've got the Kelan Phil Cohran album, African Skies and when I heard a bit of Hum Dono last week, thought I might like it too. I'm a Jazz fan from the fringes.

Brian Auger and The Trinity with Julie Driscoll - Open. No doubt best known for their version of the Bob Dylan composition This Wheel's On Fire; that track is not included but their take on Donovan's Season Of The Witch is - probably their second best-known cover song.

I paid £2 for this, from a charity shop this afternoon and it's coming to the end right now... excellent album! Of course, this being an LP that's 48 (!) years old, I'd not expect to have such luck of finding it in anything more than acceptable condition - and it's IMO better than that (there are a couple of quietish sections on the A-side that are pretty crackly but not annoyingly to me.)

I had heard this album just a few years back and thought it was great - so I had no hesitation, being that I do like a bit of jazzy/psycedelic/freaky pop music. Not that I can think of much else that is anything really similar to what I have here. :D

That album is listed at around £80 for mint, so I'd say you did OK there!

Mull.

P.S. To put it in perspective I just bought a new copy of a re-press of Santana 'Abraxas' for about £25. One of the many albums from the period that 'everybody had', which meant I didn't buy it at the time.

Mull

That album is listed at around £80 for mint, so I'd say you did OK there!

Mull.

P.S. To put it in perspective I just bought a new copy of a re-press of Santana 'Abraxas' for about £25. One of the many albums from the period that 'everybody had', which meant I didn't buy it at the time.

Mull
It was in the back of my mind that it'd be in the region of £50-100 and nearer the latter... The fine spots of paint on the sleeve told me to be wary of its contents (I have found albums that were left out of the sleeve while decorating was in progress. Why oh why?) but they're not all that apparent and how it plays - along with the musical content, obviously - is what I'm interested in. So yes, a very decent and unexpected find. :)

Last I received was Vangelis - Blade Runner (Audio Fidelity label). Problem is I forgot that I had it already.. Not the first time I've done this. But it IS lovely.

Am awaiting the arrival of Roxy Music Avalon (UK first press). Also the new from Faith No More - Sol Invictus. Not quite up to the high standard of Angel Dust but seems decent enough (been listening on Spotify).

Yes - Progeny

Looking forward to a very late night of kicking back with a beer or two and getting through the triple album. Adding to the enjoyment is that Amazon messed up the pricing between the vinyl and CD versions so it was $17 for the album...

We have a new Sound Bar in town so I dropped in today and picked up Tinseltown Rebellion by Frank Zappa. Only problem, it's a double and the first album is missing. Still it only cost two quid.:rolleyes:

Had a real 2nd hand '70s splurge this week:

Jack Bruce - Out of the Storm
Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet (original pressing)
Murray Head - How Many Ways
Nucleus - Elastic Rock (original Vertigo swirl)
Delaney & Bonnie - D&B Together
Herbie Hancock - Fat Albert Rotunda

Just cleaned them all and giving them a spin...

A 12" rather than an album; but the RSD release of remixes of Finitribe's 101 is excellent, and on lovely orange vinyl as well.

advertisement

Back