advertisement

What's The Last Bit Of Audio Equipment You Have Bought II?

RME ADI-2 Dac

I got one too. I’ll need Metrum Pavane or even Chord Dave money before I think of changing it.

me three! i have two other DACs that, like the RME, measure superbly (a Hugo 2 and a Topping D10, which I bought when the Chord decided that it only wanted to work intermittently), but the RME is the best of the lot and i'm really enjoying it. i use it with a Sonore ultraRendu and Uptone LPS 1.2, but i'd wager that the RME and an Allo DigiOne Signature would rival the best gear out there today, and at a fraction of the cost. it'd be fascinating to try it in a blind test versus the Chord DAVEs and Naim ND-555s of the world...

About two months ago, a Croft Micro 25 pre/phono, mainly to use as a phono stage right now, but thinking of the dual purpose it can serve too with my Croft Series 7 amp. I also bought a set of GiK Acoustics diffusor/absorber panels from the Impression Series, "Wavy Leaves". They look decent and work rather nicely in my space. I feel as if I am pretty much done messing around and am enjoying just listening to music, rather nice to not be thinking of the next thing.

I've spent my Christmas bonus on cables. Some DH Labs DIY bits to make power cables, and some Van Den Hul D-102 iii interconnects.

Aries Mini. Not really got it bedded in yet. Curious to see how it sounds compared with the Melco N1- is the hype about the latter justified or are all of these boxes much of a muchness SQ wise?

Aries Mini. Not really got it bedded in yet. Curious to see how it sounds compared with the Melco N1- is the hype about the latter justified or are all of these boxes much of a muchness SQ wise?

Tell me how you get on with the Aries Mini - I own one with an SSD installed - such a versatile device BUT it does benefit from an upgraded PSU before you compare it to the Melco.

Tell me how you get on with the Aries Mini - I own one with an SSD installed - such a versatile device BUT it does benefit from an upgraded PSU before you compare it to the Melco.
Hope to try alternative power source if it proves to be a keeper

Hope to try alternative power source if it proves to be a keeper

I have the MCRU one. Had the Auralic one as well (from my full Aries, now sold). The MCRU is two boxes. Both do the job.

I find the Aries Mini more reliable that the full Aries and so many DACs reclock these days, you can find yourself paying for the same thing twice.

Are you guys using the internal dac in the Aries?

No. I did at one point and I remember it had a very high output and I had to use some Rothwell attenuators. (Aries Mini into Quad 909 into P3ESR). It’s quite a reasonable DAC, but the internal volume control is not that good.

Leak Troughline - first variant - ie. before the Troughline II.

Short tuning range that only takes in BBC Radio 2, 3 and 4. I shall only ever tune to two of those, and am grateful not to have the option to listen in glorious mono to myriad pop songs broadcast elsewhere further up the dial on a more modern tuner!

Happy Christmas from George

Will get the wee beauty i9n the New Year. Then will have to make an aerial ...

advertisement

Back