advertisement

What's The Difference Between Tommy Robinson And Douglas Murray?

maxflinn

pfm Member
AFAICS, the only major difference is that one is rightly criticised and basically shunned by the establishment media - bar the odd appearance when he's treated as a hate figure - while the other is embraced by it, regularly writing articles in many major newspapers like the Wall St Journal and appearing on the BBC nearly every other day as an 'authority figure'.

Europe’s Elites Seem Determined to Commit Suicide by ‘Diversity’ - Douglas Murray

Isn't this a little unfair to Tommy? Why the special treatment for other racist scumbags, like Murray?

"Tommy Robinson" (Stephen Yaxly-Lennon) is a convicted criminal/football thug acting under a series of pseudonyms who is responsible for creating far-right hate groups that have terrorised our minority communities on the streets. Douglas Murray, James Dellingpole, Katie Hopkins etc are just exceptionally privileged and wealthy idiots who now make a living trolling hateful far-right beliefs in low-end media. All are scum IMHO, though I'd actually describe "Robinson" as a terrorist by any definition already used to ban hate-preachers as he has brought a lot of very real violence and intimidation to our streets and communities.

Robinson now works full time as reporter for Rebel Media. Have a look at their channel over on YT. They have a large following which is growing all of the time. Just take a look at a few of their videos and especially the comments section underneath them. Rabid Islamophobia, pure hatred and blind discrimination. Rebel Media are clearly very well funded with attractive presenters (to their target audience at least) and high production values. These types of channels are getting bigger and becoming more prevalent as time goes by. They clearly have an editorial agenda to ramp up Islamophobia and create further division. A significant proportion of the UK population are being sucked in (as has been evidenced on this forum recently and can also be seen on wider social media). This alt-right movement is gaining traction all of the time and not just in this country but also throughout Europe and the US (where Infowars now seem to be following a very similar editorial policy of extreme Islamophobia). These are very worrying times. Sadly, I suspect these mindless terror attacks will continue. The alt-right movement will capitalise on them and their movement will grow. Greater hostility, division and tension will be created.

I give up, what is the difference.

I guess really it is class/privilege. Taking the actual incitement to violance aspect out of the equation poshly-spoken privately educated Oxbridge types like Murray and Dellingpole somehow seem to slip under the media radar in a way that more abrasive types like "Robinson" do not even if their views are equally repugnant.

Douglas Murray is the associate director of the Henry Jackson Society and associate editor of The Spectator.

The HJS is a neoconservative think-tank.

The article below highlights how US neocons network via ties to the Pentagon and the arms industry, government agencies, economic agencies, media etc.

Figures from all these areas make up the myriad of neocon think-tanks in the US, and many of the people working in these think-tanks end up advising the government on military matters, sometimes even formulating foreign policy, especially in the Middle East...

This article highlights the influence of US neocon think-tanks on US Foreign Policy

I doubt there are too many people here on pfm that wouldn't have opposed Hitler's vile anti-Jewish propaganda of the 30s, leading as it did to the Holocaust - the greatest crime in history, had they been alive at the time.

Don't we have a duty to the innocent Muslims of our world to now oppose the scourge of these neocons, in the US, UK and anywhere else they try to take root so that they can spread their anti-Muslim agenda, just as the vast majority of us oppose scum like Robinson?

Their message is essentially the same. They just appeal to different segments of the population.

Agreed. It just baffles me that the likes of Murray, Dellingpole, Farage etc who have been gifted all life's luxuries and privileges on a plate from birth turn out to be such miserable hateful and divisive propagandists by choice. I can in a way understand why "Tommy Robinson" is angry even though his anger is obviously ill-thought-out and misdirected.

I doubt there are too many people here on pfm that wouldn't have opposed Hitler's vile anti-Jewish propaganda of the 30s, leading as it did to the Holocaust - the greatest crime in history, had they been alive at the time.

Too many negatives in that sentence, what are you trying to say?

Douglas Murray is the associate director of the Henry Jackson Society and associate editor of The Spectator.

The HJS is a neoconservative think-tank.

The article below highlights how US neocons network via ties to the Pentagon and the arms industry, government agencies, economic agencies, media etc.

Figures from all these areas make up the myriad of neocon think-tanks in the US, and many of the people working in these think-tanks end up advising the government on military matters, sometimes even formulating foreign policy, especially in the Middle East...

This article highlights the influence of US neocon think-tanks on US Foreign Policy

Don't we have a duty to the innocent Muslims of our world to now oppose the scourge of these neocons, in the US, UK and anywhere else they try to take root so that they can spread their anti-Muslim agenda, just as the vast majority of us oppose scum like Robinson?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if ultimately those backing the warmongering neoconservative think tanks are the same as those who are backing the alt-right propaganda channels like Rebel Media and Infowars. Both channels very clearly have serious funding behind them. They are not grass roots, independent operations by any stretch.

Similarly, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Murray and Robinson have 'handlers' who ultimately link into the same network.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if ultimately those backing the warmongering neoconservative think tanks are the same as those who are backing the alt-right propaganda channels like Rebel Media and Infowars. Both channels very clearly have serious funding behind them. They are not grass roots, independent operations by any stretch.

Similarly, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Murray and Robinson have 'handlers' who ultimately link into the same network.

You could well be right. We'll have to see.

Jack

There is no analogy. It's offensive, in particular coming from you, to try and make one.

This thread is a good example of why the PFM OT room has become so unpleasant and pointless. Unless you agree with Tony and Max that the spread of fundamentalist Islam with the violence, discrimination and oppression that goes with it is a fine thing you're a racist.

I happen to think that the enlightenment and the development of civilisation and the spread of freedom and democracy in the West was a good thing, and that modern Islam is compatible with that civilisation whereas the Islamic fundamentalists seek to destroy it. Which means that Murray has a good point.

For an essentially music forum to host so many posters in favour of a movement that simply doesn't tolerate music is at the very least ironic.

Paul

There is no analogy. It's offensive, in particular coming from you, to try and make one.

This thread is a good example of why the PFM OT room has become so unpleasant and pointless. Unless you agree with Tony and Max that the spread of fundamentalist Islam with the violence, discrimination and oppression that goes with it is a fine thing you're a racist.

I happen to think that the enlightenment and the development of civilisation and the spread of freedom and democracy in the West was a good thing, and that modern Islam is compatible with that civilisation whereas the Islamic fundamentalists seek to destroy it. Which means that Murray has a good point.

For an essentially music forum to host so many posters in favour of a movement that simply doesn't tolerate music is at the very least ironic.

Paul, I know you are just doing your entitled public school James Dellingpole impression for troll effect, but the above is as offensive as it is ridiculous. First off Maxflinn and I are very seldom on the same page (I have certainly removed many, many more of his posts than I have of yours!) and I challenge you to find a singe post from me in defence of violent Islamist fundamentalism. In fact I'll put a wager on it; find me the post, apologise, or you are out of here for a month. Your call. You have until midnight tonight.

Paul

Oh do knock it off, the biggest threat to the "Western Democracies" comes from within and it's the alt right and neo cons who are that threat. A huge majority of those who claim to follow any organised religion do so by a mere accident of birth. You can't slide a cigarette paper between the views of the rabid right and the likes of IS, both seek the same regressive social agenda based on wholly on outdated and repressive philosophies that are about "social control". There isn't a shred of difference between the racist belligerence of the Mail and the Sun and some nutcase mullah in some far flung outpost railing against "all that is different" only, the Mail and the Sun have a far wider reach.

Apart from the patently false assertions, a deep irony here as pfm off topic has recently hosted your opinions as a fruity eugenics and foetus interfering enthusiast.

Oh do knock it off, the biggest threat to the "Western Democracies" comes from within and it's the alt right and neo cons who are that threat. A huge majority of those who claim to follow any organised religion do so by a mere accident of birth. You can't slide a cigarette paper between the views of the rabid right and the likes of IS, both seek the same regressive social agenda based on wholly on outdated and repressive philosophies that are about "social control". There isn't a shred of difference between the racist belligerence of the Mail and the Sun and some nutcase mullah in some far flung outpost railing against "all that is different" only, the Mail and the Sun have a far wider reach.
+1.

The anti-Muslim hatred being spread by neocons like Murray is more subtle than the obviously hateful crap spouted by Robinson and his ilk, but it still permeates through society, sending out the same message.

I am amazed that the BBC are so comfortable providing people like him with a platform. They don't give Robinson one..

advertisement

Back