advertisement

What was your Hi-Fi System in 1989?

LP12, Ittok, Naim 42.5 / HiCap / 140, either Heybrook HB2's or Kan II's. Probably also Marantz CD-73. Cartridge I don't recall, probably an OC9.

Dual CS505-1
Denon DCD610
Nakamichi BX1
Musical Fidelity A1
Heybrook HB1
Speaker stands made to my design by a former Sunderland shipyard welder
Solid core mains cable for the speaker connection
Sony MDR51 headphones, which I sadly broke only a year ago.

Only the BX1 and MDR51's came to university. The BX1 headphone output had no level control so I bought a box of bits from Tandy and soldered myself one up. The guy in Tandy sketched the circuit up for me, how things have changed.... customer service
Hi Paul, just a long shot ... my Sony MDR51 Dynamic headphones work perfectly but the plastic section near the earpiece has disintergrated. I am hoping to locate a headset frame only (not necessarily with the audio earpieces). Would your ones be suitable? thanks, Stuart

That's a long time ago...but IIRC I had a Dual 505 tt and a NAD 3130 amp. I had a Phillips CD player with a sloping front and square buttons?
The speakers were probably still some Wharfedale Lintons that I had bought around 1980?
I was living in a small place with neighbours next door and above so I didn't get to crank it up.

Saving up after many paper rounds it all stated with a Trio M-50 Midi system (P-5X T/T, T-3LX Tuner, A-5X Amplifier, X-W5X Twin Cassette Deck and S-5X Speakers) which I bought in December 1986 and then after more paper rounds in summer 1987 I added a GE-800 GEQ. I had this system until 1993 -

Kenwood_M-50-Prospekt-1987.jpg

advertisement

Back