advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

How are you finding the Gaia's John? Are they keepers?
They're err, rather good. Bass seems deeper, but definitely tighter, more controlled with better texture, plus the lack of smearing seems to have given me more detail across the frequency ranges. So yep, definitely keepers.

Mine was a Django TVC passive pre, which uses Stevens & Billington TX102 transformers, the same as used in Music First pre's.

It's great with my Leak Stereo 20. Really good actually. However, there's a M.F pre coming to the next bake off I'm going to, which I want to hear on the end of my amp...

An expensive listen possibly!

I'm hoping the M.F sounds shite with my amp (but I suspect it won't) ;)
Not a chance Pete, my MFA Baby Ref V1 is gonna make you want to rape your bank account. :D:D:D

Two Samsung EVO 4To SSDs for the NAS - the first 4To SSD started to complain at 3To of audio files.
Now the Synology 420+ has an Ssd in each bay - Roon, Classical, Pop-rock-folk and Vinyl needle drops. One more To of pop etc and I will be reduced to adding external drives :)

While I'm "ripping" my vinyl I'm rediscovering it and consequently buying fewer downloads :)

Just traded in my Denon Pma1520ae for a Rega Elicit-r. Denon was a very nice amp but didn’t work brilliantly with KEF LS50s, I ended up using a 20yr old pair of Monitor Audio gold PMC700 stand mounts which sounded better. The Elicit-r is much better with the Kefs although it’s taken a bit of time to get used to the odd volume control on the Rega

Just taken delivery of a s/h Little Dot 3 valve headphone amp. Owned one before and regretted selling it.

Whilst I really liked the midrange that valves can do with speakers, my own speakers really sing with a ballsy power amp.

headphones are (IMO) not the same and are seemingly very easily driven by half decent valves. I’ve owned 4 different solid state headphone amps and the previous LD3 max all of them sound a bit yawnable. Initial impressions are that this will do the same. For the dosh, it’s ace.

SVS Micro 3000 sub and Minidsp 2x4...adding a little more low end to my Ohm Acoustics 2.2Ks - mixed results to be honest. Amazing with the sub out in the room but struggling to get it fully integrated with the sub in a practical position.

advertisement

Back