advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

Spendor D7.2’s arrived yesterday. First impressions from just putting them down where the old speakers where and plugging them in are hugely positive. I need to play around with positioning etc today.

iFi iPhono3 - excellent phono stage, bought in on a whim after reading lots of positive reviews and seeing one for a good price on flea bay. It usurped my DIY Valve stage (with valve PSU) that was built by Firebottle, which I’ve really enjoyed for the last two years.

An old Arcam DV29 DVD/CD player off ebay advertised as having issues with the video side of things. Bought a suitable remote and adjusted settings and it is sounding ace with CDs and Audio DVD. Music has much more energy and detail than I had expected and was used to on previous disc players, especially on Audio DVD which sounds way better than when played on my Pioneer universal player. Going to be hard to leave this chair for a few hours!

DSCF2521.jpg

A copper mat for my 401 and before that a new grease bearing from a guy who frequents a 401 fb group. Neither were expensive in hifi terms. The bearing particularly made such a musical difference and that’s aside from the rumble disappearing. The mat has made the speed more stable and really isolated the platter . It used to be noisy. Now you can hit it with a hammer

An old Arcam DV29 DVD/CD player off ebay advertised as having issues with the video side of things. Bought a suitable remote and adjusted settings and it is sounding ace with CDs and Audio DVD. Music has much more energy and detail than I had expected and was used to on previous disc players, especially on Audio DVD which sounds way better than when played on my Pioneer universal player. Going to be hard to leave this chair for a few hours!

Actually it's a DV79.

I have been having a bit of a spend recently.

Ordered a 222/300 which is due in about 10 days or so. Whilst waiting I thought I would have the LP12 updated, it is away at the moment having a Kore, Karosel, Lingo 4 and Trampoline 2 fitted, it would have been back today but the new motor was faulty so waiting for a replacement. When I phoned up my dealer, to find out if the motor had arrived he mentioned that they had just got in some Rega RX1s at about 500 below list price, apparently Rega found a few in a warehouse. As I am wanting a pair of small wall-mounted speakers for my second system and have always liked Rega speakers, this was a bargain too good to miss. An expensive start to the year.

advertisement

Back