advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

Second attempt at a Rega Planar 2, first one was damaged in transit. This one is all fine though and having fun exploring the records from the loft (mostly from the late seventies to early 80’s as I jumped to CD pretty quickly. Funnily enough my MS One Drive does ‘on this day’ and 16 years ago I sold my early 80’s Rega Planar 3. I wonder how it compares to the current Planar 2? I’ll probably post elsewhere regarding this journey back in to vinyl but the 180gm Daft Punk RAM doesn’t sound half bad (Xmas present from my son before I had a player).

s-l1600.jpg

And
blog-NAD7020i-1.jpg

For my grandson.

Lenco Goldring GL75. my first idler deck :)

Needed to play some mono 78s from the 1940-60, a work in progress as I source the bits missing ( correct mat, bias weights, main weight)

For cartridge looking at Audio-Technica AT-VM95SP.

Rega Saturn R CD Player. 2nd hand from Ebay for a decent price. Boxed and in pretty much mint condition. Only listened to CDs so far but plan on getting a cable so I can play a few songs from my laptop. Sounds good:)

Just need to find those 5010 monos to complete my set up.

The Rega remote works with my Exposure pre-amp as well which I wasn't expecting.

A very modest purchase, to play with:

IMG_9656_pot_600px.jpg

'Nobsound' (ha!) - an Alps Blue, in a box, one pair in , one pair out, single-source attenuator (or 'passive pre'; whatever you want to call it.) Nicely put together/feel; solid, heavy case, all decent quality parts and the whole thing delivered cost less than I can source such components for; what is not to like ?

It's just fine, and quite good-enough esp. when used next to a power amp with short rca leads. I'd prefer them to offer a 10K pot for such things, not the 47K standard - but that is quibbling. It'll be easy enough to mod later if I want.

April: SVS SB3000 sub, Solidsteel SS6 stands, IsoAcoustics IsoPucks (x4) to go under sub. Also made a spiked oak plinth for under the sub from an offcut of kitchen worktop.

Have 'side-graded' back to a Benchmark DAC3 HGC, after QC problems with yet another Hugo TT2, and now feeling foolish for ever moving on from one in the first place or feeling the need to spend more. Lesson(s) learned. I'm now saving for a Benchmark AHB2 amp, then my system will pretty much be done, though I do have a hankering to get a Pioneer RT-707 still ;)

52034371809_c34c12e4c1_k.jpg

advertisement

Back