advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

I bought an Amptastic Mini-1 tripath mini amp.

It's not arrived yet, but it reads well and like it will be great for a tiny and relatively low cost item.

I will add a Chromecast audio and build a small bedroom/office system with it.

PS - there are only 4 left for sale on eBay if anyone else wants one. They no longer make them I believe.

7.5 metre pair of Naim NACA5 speaker cable, will demo against the currently used Tellurium silver to see which wins and ultimately stays

Simaudio Moon Evolution 810LP phono stage

Delivered this afternoon and still warming up. Sounds good already. If my experience of the same company's 760a power amp is anything to go by it should be much better in two days' time.

Simaudio Moon Evolution 810LP phono stage

Delivered this afternoon and still warming up. Sounds good already. If my experience of the same company's 760a power amp is anything to go by it should be much better in two days' time.
Nice, do you have the 820 power supply?

For reasons unknown I have bought a Rotel A11 Signature which arrives tomorrow. I know nothing about Rotel but I hope it tides me over until I either get the Sugdens fixed or find a suitable replacement.

Apparently, some chap called Ken had a hand in designing this amplifier. I think Ken died shortly after.

An NJC Audio Phono Preamp because it was MM and had capacitance loading that can be selected over a range that is useful.

A used Denon PMA 520ae integrated amp for a neighbour who is setting up a first system. I've been 'testing' it on my system and am amazed it sounds so good for less than £100.

Parts to make these "bespoke" 3.5db attenuating cables to go between my Chord 2Qute and ATC amp, attenuation was mostly set by what resistors I've got lying around but its worked out great and volume matches the other components in the system now :)

20220507160332-24519966-me.jpg

Connectors were about £3.50 each and chosen because there was room inside for a couple of resistors and the cable is silver plated stuff normally used for studio patch cables, I've probably used £2.50 worth there ;)

A cosmetically and unserviced Radford STA15, on its way for some TLC.

Then I have to decide between the STA15, Leak ST20 and Quad IIs....

Oh, and a miniDSP Flex. Landing Wednesday, to replace a miniDSP HD 2x4.

It have been an expensive six months.

Denon ADV 71micro system, Myryad A170 speakers

bought for my teenage son to get him started, but the little speakers have been a revelation, sound very good on then end of a Nait XS and still amazed at how much bass the little boxes can produce

Bought a cracking little bel canto c5i .beautifully built integrated with built in dac .these things have superb remotes and last well . For another system

Installed a Raspberry Pi4 into the system. Streaming Qobuz via Volumio. I’m really pleased with the sound quality. I was worried about getting it set up but having my mate here, who’s a software engineer was a useful back up. It was pretty easy TBH after having watched numerous videos about it.

Cheers BB

Parts to make these "bespoke" 3.5db attenuating cables to go between my Chord 2Qute and ATC amp, attenuation was mostly set by what resistors I've got lying around but its worked out great and volume matches the other components in the system now :)

20220507160332-24519966-me.jpg

Connectors were about £3.50 each and chosen because there was room inside for a couple of resistors and the cable is silver plated stuff normally used for studio patch cables, I've probably used £2.50 worth there ;)
Brilliant !

advertisement

Back