• Vertere

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 116 43.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cosimoss

One Step Beyond
With the rise of vinyl sales, renewed interest in turntables it would be nice to know which turntables people are using to play their vinyl.

The poll list is a snapshot of popular turntables on sale and because of poll limitations is limited to ten including other.

You have two votes.

Mine is a Rega RP10.

So, which turntable do you own?

51903996125_c08907eff0_b.jpg

I’ve got several others knocking around (Technics SL-120 MkI, SL-1200 Mk7L, & Lenco 88), but the Thorens TD-124/II above is, and likely always will be, the one in use.

I only have five. I voted Rega (RP40, RP8, P8), but I also have a Sanyo TP-1020 (my father's, bought in 1978) and a Project Debut II (my first own turntable, bought in 1998 when I started buying records at the age of 25 - never stopped since).

The same LP12 since 1980 or so, well I say the same but only the lid, plinth and top plate remain.

Mine was bought in ‘81 and the only addition was a Valhalla power supply.
Plus a few belts...

I also own a Technics SL1500 with an SME arm.
Bought recently.

0RkCU7O.jpg

bit lightweight, and arm feels a bit shagged, but makes some nice mechanical-y clunks and clicks (most intended I assume).

not the best deck for strings / piano, perhaps.
and not an ideal cart.' technically - but can make a surprisingly impressive sound with a decent piece of vinyl.

just thought it would be nice to show off LP12 with black Ittok 😂
note optional shrunken mat.

I also have an old Rega Planar 2 with wood surround and Rega R200 arm (S shape with buggered bias belt) in a cupboard should sell it, but it was my first “proper” turntable (LP12 was/is my second)

Odd not to include NAS as an option, and not really any use when you can only pick one option.
I selected two options, Linn, and 'other'. It seemed to let me do so.

As to 'other' alongside the LP12, I have a VPI Prime Signature (currently advertised in the classifieds) and a Trio KD500 and a Telefunken STS-1 (both recent purchases, for fettling).

I have owned an AR EB101 (bought new in the mid 80's), Pro-Ject RPM1.3 Genie (changed the tonearm to a RPM3 Carbon version), Linn Axis with Basik Plus tonearm and now have -

Technical SL-Q202 (currently up for sale)

Untitled by A H, on Flickr

and my main turntable is a DIY job - Walnut slabs encased in Epoxy Resin, Modified Project RPM motor, Lenko L75 Heavy platter and bearings, Rega RB303 with Litz silver rewire and DIN connector, AT VM95ML cartridge.

Untitled by A H, on Flickr

A slightly modded 1986 LP12 with an Ittok LVII in the main system and a Yamaha YP-511 in the living room paired with a vintage and, I believe, fairly rare Luxman L-309x in the living room cos they look cool. There's also a Thorens TD 160 Super in bits in the attic along with a some kind of fairly basic Micro Seiki - I think it's an MB10.

IMG-2973.jpg

Odd not to include NAS as an option, and not really any use when you can only pick one option.

You choice of popular may be different to mine. If we had a poll of around 50 it would be there and you can have a second vote.

After a fairly convoluted journey arrived at a Garrard 401 which has been great for many years

advertisement

Back