advertisement

What the hell is happening to CA640 phono stage prices?

I just watched an untested, no power supply CA640p go for £88 on eBay... what the heck is happening with these? Jez Arkless can't be converting them all, surely?
See the thread about Jez's latest version (the GTI) of his stage, and you'll see where the demand is coming from. I've missed out on a couple of 640P/651P stages that went for three figures on eBay. I'm currently auditioning a Dynavector P75 Mk4, which is lovely, but its hard to say that its better than the GTI at double the price.

I can't see the problem with three figures for a CA640P. It's a bloody good phono stage that punches well above its weight.

I was lucky I had a 640p I acquired years ago in relation to the original Arkless but never had funds / and then inclination as I was streaming all the time to send it off. That has all changed with the GTI

Sadly, I need MM/MC, so it'll be just a "standard model" for me. I was considering looking at a Turbo, but apparently it makes the upgrade at a later date (should MC's become a thing) to GTI Turbo difficult. Then again, I have a phono stage that will do MM/MC now, so I suppose I have a fallback... but I wanted 2 turntables eventually - in different rooms I hasten to add.

advertisement

Back