advertisement

What finish would you choose for your loudspeakers?

Which of the three finishes would you choose?

• Oak

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • Walnut

Votes: 39 36.1%
  • Cherry

Votes: 31 28.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A natural wood finish for me every time, of those listed I picked walnut as I feel oak and cherry, whilst nice, are somewhat over-used. I'm a big fan of well-finished plywood too, e.g. Shaninian, Teddy Prado etc, even raw unfinished birch ply like my La Scalas!

Birch ply is our next finish to be released followed by the solid timber, it's a favourite of mine too.

Adam, it's really good that you are taking the time to engage potential purchasers and letting them influence your choices. I've said oak as I think even in a room with other wood it's unobtrusive

Stefan

Cheers Stefan ;) yes it has an amber tint and goes well with most decor. I've got a pair sat on dark stained floorboards and it seems to work even there.

If you can't have real, solid, wood , then high gloss paint is a better option than veneers, which, when you think of it, are an early example of 'fake'.
A deep, deep, high gloss burgundy would do me nicely. Over birch ply, not that ghastly mdf. Sadly, wouldn't be cheap.....

If you can't have real, solid, wood , then high gloss paint is a better option than veneers, which, when you think of it, are an early example of 'fake'.
A deep, deep, high gloss burgundy would do me nicely. Over birch ply, not that ghastly mdf. Sadly, wouldn't be cheap.....

A very early example: Ancient Egypt?

Adam does do some nice modern finishes currently in different colours, also I think the test baffle in oak he had at the Whittlebury show was solid oak?

Stefan

Adam does do some nice modern finishes currently in different colours, also I think the test baffle in oak he had at the Whittlebury show was solid oak?

Stefan

Yes, black, red, turquoise, violet, amber. The oak was at the show. High gloss white is an option but would be available as a limited edition.

I chose yew veneer for my speakers, and very lovely it is too. If I had a criticism, it's that the individual veneer leaves are a little on the small side, so that it's clearly a veneer, but they're quite nice nonetheless...

ATC100-Left-GrilleOn.jpg

advertisement

Back