advertisement

What finish would you choose for your loudspeakers?

Which of the three finishes would you choose?

• Oak

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • Walnut

Votes: 39 36.1%
  • Cherry

Votes: 31 28.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like piano black, the cabinet work on mine are made from two 18mm sheets of a corian type material sandwiched together with a rubber gasket In between.
Keith.

Adam, obviously it may be you've only got the above available to you, in which case a "wouldn't buy a speaker in any of those" may well be a valuable input for you?

The main purpose of the poll is to see which of the these particular three finishes is most popular. I have other finishes available I'm gauging interest for the solid wood finish we will be offering and which to weight when manufacturing.

None of the above, but probably a neutral modern primary gloss finish. Issues I have had is in matching the wood finishes with existing furniture.

My vote assumed you were only asking about the base wood and not final finish. Both cherry and oak have the greater potential for different final finishes (light, medium, dark, other stains) whereas walnut has an almost expected final colour?

Magico-S3-floorstanding-speaker.jpg

IMG_7406.JPG

It would always depend on the room contents. My preference at the moment is cherry as it works well with my flooring and sideboard. But in another room it could be completely different.

Contemporary Walnut and Oak veneer styles have been very popular in furniture and interior design over the last 10 years.
Other popular wood finishes have been from less traditional species of tree, such as "Rubberwood".

Lime green or that lovely sunburst orange for me. It's about time loudspeakers - and their design - joined the 21st century.

Wood is dull x 3.

Lime green or that lovely sunburst orange for me. It's about time loudspeakers - and their design - joined the 21st century.

Wood is dull x 3.

+1

Or back where a few brave souls were back in the 60/70s. Perhaps there should be a "traditional" and "modern" option, as (was it) Armstring did at one stage?

Custom spray colours? Formica? Leather? Metal laminate? Perspex sides? Furry? why not!!

advertisement

Back