advertisement

What concert have you last been to #3

Long Knife and Heavy Sentence at Gulliver's in Manchester on Saturday night.

LtSMXPEE_t.jpg

oOS0oUss_t.jpg

Current 93 at Union Chapel last night. Amazing gig, amazing crowd, something I was trying for the first time. Mucho research and listening to come!

Max Cooper in Shanghai last night. My first gig since before COVID. It was everything I had hoped and more. Great electronica and great ...er...3D visuals projected.

Of one thing I am certain.....Mobile Phones should be completely banned at live gigs. The number of absolute goons videoing the whole gig and actuually watching it on the phone rather than enjoying the bigger picture ws astonishing at times. I get taking a few sneaky pics but ffs stop thinking of your socials!

Gary Numan last night at the Roundhouse- I enjoyed parts of it, but it was too rock/industrial for my tastes. There was, however, a lorra love in the room, and 'im indoors liked (just as well, as it was part of his birthday present).

Max Cooper in Shanghai last night. My first gig since before COVID. It was everything I had hoped and more. Great electronica and great ...er...3D visuals projected.

Of one thing I am certain.....Mobile Phones should be completely banned at live gigs. The number of absolute goons videoing the whole gig and actuually watching it on the phone rather than enjoying the bigger picture ws astonishing at times. I get taking a few sneaky pics but ffs stop thinking of your socials!
I used to go to a lot of gigs, mobile phones, rucksacks and people talking really got to me in the end. I’ve taken a break from it. I’m going to my first gig of the year in a couple of weeks. What irritated me the most was the worst for talking were 30 and 40 somethings not young people which you might expect.

I wonder how many people actually look back and watch the hours of footage they’ve taken.

Cheers BB

Gary Numan last night at the Roundhouse- I enjoyed parts of it, but it was too rock/industrial for my tastes. There was, however, a lorra love in the room, and 'im indoors liked (just as well, as it was part of his birthday present).
I’m not a Numan fan at all but he comes across as a cracking bloke when interviewed.

Cheers BB

Im glad I had ear plugs! So 'dynamic' loud, yet clear and no distorion at all.
We were centre stage maybe 6/7 rows behind you, right in front of Danny.
In front of us was a family, brother and sister, maybe 7 - 8 yrs old, mom and dad to each side - they knew every word to every song and were having a whale of a time., dancing and air punching to the drums & bass.
That was good to see - and yes, they had ear protection!
I love the complete ban on shoes / photos (until final number) I wish a lot more would apply this rule.
So, everyone got just a few mins to take photos, I took just 4, as the music was so good.

Totally agree, although I did keep my shoes on! Took about 6 pics and seriously enjoyed every second - ear plugs worked a treat too!
Great venue, and parked at Crown Plaza so straight out after.
My second Tool gig and fingers crossed for the new material and another tour.

advertisement

Back