advertisement

What concert have you last been to #3

Chip Wickham at Yes Manchester last night. Excellent gig with much more expansive, unrestrained performances than on his albums. As well as his meditative spiritual jazz style he played some surprisingly fiery hard bop too. Great band who really listened, supported and prompted the soloists: Chip - tenor and flute, Eoin Grace - trumpet, George Cooper - keys, Simon Houghton - bass, didn't catch the drummer's name. They are on in London tonight at Rough Trade (? I think that's what he said).

Jane Weaver and the band fantastic last night at the New Century Hall in Manchester. The sound and visuals were great as was the support from Halo Maud. Playing Nottingham on Sunday before heading South and across the Irish Sea.
I'm more than a bit miffed we can't make her gig at The Scala - she's always great live.

yes it was great, was very tempted to go to Nottingham as well but Stoke on Trent Council gave me a nice bus lane fine in the post on Friday for going to see Pom Poko at the Sugarmill. ( also vowed not to see bands in Nottingham after getting another Bus Lane fine there last time I went)

To Mountview college for a final year production of Sondheim's Sunday in the park with George.
All the subtlety & beauty brought out.

Gordon Giltrap at Portsmouth Guildhall last night
Went with my wife who doesn’t like much of my music
She loved it!
Quote’ why can’t you play guitar like he does’
Ah well

advertisement

Back