advertisement

What concert have you last been to #3

FWIW I was late in the game looking for DM Manchester tickets. At the time I looked there were very few left, and it was within the past month, so no idea how those prices compared to when the tickets were first released. Certainly the only ones in the £85 area were behind the stage, which seemed a bit pointless!

Excellent solo acoustic set by TV Smith at Foxtails in Chorley, Lancashire, a little bar/coffee shop. A rather unusual venue but the owner is trying to put on more punk/new wave gigs. Lovely and friendly place with a great selection of beers, coffee and cakes.

He's worked with Peter Gabriel... that explains a lot... PG's live sound is fantastic and he's a perfectionist so makes sense that Jamie Pollock helped with the excellence in the DM sound.

indeed it is, I saw Peter Gabriel also at the 02 a couple of years back and yes the sound was fabulous too. I just wish that Jamie Pollock was hanging around in the mixing suite when they were mastering ’So’ - I can’t stand that album and it’s sibilance.

indeed it is, I saw Peter Gabriel also at the 02 a couple of years back and yes the sound was fabulous too. I just wish that Jamie Pollock was hanging around in the mixing suite when they were mastering ’So’ - I can’t stand that album and it’s sibilance.

It's of its time sadly.... a long way from my favourite Gabriel offering. Give me III, IV or Passion and I have to say i/o is a bloody fine effort too.

It's London, the car is not welcome

I live not too far from the O2 and that part of town suffers from pretty epic congestion at times - not helped by being so close to the Blackwall Tunnel. So I get why they try and discourage people from driving to the venue.

But £40 is taking the piss.
When i go to the O2 I park close to Canada Water Station, it's free after 18.30 on street and jump on the Jubilee Line for 2 stops.

Cheers BB

Went to see an orchestra tonight at Huddersfield Town Hall.

Symphonie Fantastique, including Ravel's Rapsodie espagnole. Also, catch previous Leeds International Piano Competition winner, Artur Pizarro, as he performs Saint-Saëns' ever-popular Piano Concerto No. 2 with the world-class Orchestra of Opera North, under the baton of Julia Jones

Bloody brilliant - 2 and a bit hours of pure class.

Train ride to Manchester last Friday to see the wonderful Margo Price. Amazing mix of Americana, new country and psychedelia. Great backing musicians too.

The Transatlantic Sessions Band last night, I never thought I’d see June Carter’s daughter singing Ring of Fire but it was a highlight of a tremendous show.

The Charlatans @Newcastle City Hall - V enjoyable performance. Also Sisters Of Mercy @ NX Newcastle - Great

advertisement

Back