advertisement

What are you listening to right now #64

Stevie Toddler's new LP released today (nb last Bandcamp Friday for a while...)

https://stevietoddler.bandcamp.com/album/last-time-forever

0034974745_10.jpg

I've just downloaded the new Ibibio Sound Machine, Pull The Rope, so that's going on now - loud.

Putting the first side onto the new, first ever, mono cartridge, Ortofon 2mr :):cool:;) Ella Fitzgerald – The Cole Porter Songbook Volume One. His Master's Voice – CLP 1083 (Gramophone Co) . LP, mono, 1956. Oh goodness me - new rabbit hole alert! I really do need to pay off (to myself) the P10.

NS03MzkzLmpwZWc.jpeg
Oooh, I might have to look out for this. The US Mono Verve Doubles of the Ella Fitzgerald song books, of which I have 3, suffer from the decision to squeeze almost 30 minutes of music on to each side.

Oooh, I might have to look out for this. The US Mono Verve Doubles of the Ella Fitzgerald song books, of which I have 3, suffer from the decision to squeeze almost 30 minutes of music on to each side.
Getting a good one is a bit of a lottery though, even when they look ok at first sight. Because they're cheap, dealers wont play them through at all and they're almost certain to have been played on Dansettes etc...

advertisement

Back