advertisement

What are you listening to right now #64

50023265b6f3f95e89be54c74ddb8e13e2a839a0.jpeg

Zorch - Ouroboros, 70s British modular synth malarkey.
Oddly the main guy behind it played the Wind Tunnel Project gig that ‘im indoors played at last year.

Is it a glorious racket?
I remember going to see him and guitar orchestra play at iirc the RFH, and spotted all of Loop in the row ahead.
It's ace. Perhaps not a surprise that it sounds like some of the more abstract moments of Daydream Nation stretched out to LP length - a very good thing in my book. Considering my decades long obsession with Sonic Youth I'm a bit of a late starter with Branca but will be investigating further.

Currently sat down to chill out to Avanti - Allesandro Cortini, beginning with Iniziare below

and link to album below

It's ace. Perhaps not a surprise that it sounds like some of the more abstract moments of Daydream Nation stretched out to LP length - a very good thing in my book. Considering my decades long obsession with Sonic Youth I'm a bit of a late starter with Branca but will be investigating further.

I used to own The Ascension, but gave it to a mate who fell in love with it when I played it to him; so now I'm thinking I should investigate his work further.

Just downloaded the new Arve Henriksen & Harmen Fraanje, Touch Of Time, so that's going on now.
Waiting for a couple of mates to get back to me about getting tickets to see them at Kings Place later in the year.
The last time I saw Arve Henriksen with, iirc, Jan Bang and Eivind Aarset, at The Holywell Rooms was magical, so I'm hoping this will be too.

advertisement

Back