advertisement

What are you listening to right now #64

5c826e5d5c93fbe5ff5bdf05fc1f59d4bc2ec4ce.jpeg

Recorded Croydon December '72 on a Pye Mobile Recording Unit

72da796e7af38ded4c2cbcf0b89b5e3c8792b14b.jpeg

Thurston Moore & Loren Connors – The Only Way To Go Is Straight Through.

Two duo performances from NY in 2012. A pleasing level of noise and skronk.

NC02Nzg4LmpwZWc.jpeg

Portico, Terrain (Vinyl)

a1955214496_65

A salutary lesson - I picked up a second hand copy of this in Truck Records, Oxford yesterday for £20. Rated VG+ and sounds as new.

They also had the Psi Psonics Cradle record for £25 - on black vinyl, similarly graded

I picked up the Portico record but, when I got home, found I could have got a new one for £19.99 from Bandcamp or £20.75 from Amazon and that the Psi Psonics record, in limited purple, is £24.99.

I know the store use Discogs to guide pricing but that is just daft. I'm going to check things on my phone before buying from now on.

On the upside, I guess I saved on P&P and supported the store .......

Last edited:
Carpenter Brut is one of the best synthwave acts IMHO. He's as much a metal fan as a John Carpenter fan (there's even a few dubsteppy noises lurking too). The end result is just bonkers and OTT. I waited 27 years for this after Mark Shreeve stopped making albums like "Crash Head".
NS03OTUxLmpwZWc.jpeg

Carpenter Brut is one of the best synthwave acts IMHO. He's as much a metal fan as a John Carpenter fan (there's even a few dubsteppy noises lurking too). The end result is just bonkers and OTT. I waited 27 years for this after Mark Shreeve stopped making albums like "Crash Head".
NS03OTUxLmpwZWc.jpeg

I like that. As you say... bonkers : )

advertisement

Back