advertisement

What are you listening to right now #64

23bd3a0c535e61cd8165faf6a041a10fcf0fa89a.jpeg

Can't recall which version I committed to FLAC, picked a generic example from Discogs;

Iron Maiden – Powerslave​

Iron Maiden - Powerslave album cover
More images

Label:EMI United Kingdom – 7243 8 35872 2 3, EMI United Kingdom – 8 35872 2, EMI United Kingdom – CDEM 1574, EMI – 7243 8 35872 2 3, EMI – 8 35872 2, EMI – CDEM 1574
Series:Original Album Plus Bonus CD - 2 Limited Edition Picture Discs
Format:CD, Album, Reissue, Stereo
CD, Compilation, Stereo
All Media, Limited Edition
Released:1995
Genre:Rock
Style:Heavy Metal

Ella Fitzgerald And Louis Armstrong – Porgy And Bess. Verve Records – 2632 052. 2 x LP, Reissue, stereo. UK pressing, OG was on HMV this release is on Verve labels marketed by Polydor Ltd, which makes it later than 1972, I think. Probably ealry 80s having paper inners with the blue copyright printing.

MS00Mzk0LmpwZWc.jpeg
I've got the same one, think I got it around 83 or 84. Anyway it's a really good sounding LP though it's a shame it hasn't got the original cover art. As for the music... Incomparable. Sublime.

I've got the same one, think I got it around 83 or 84. Anyway it's a really good sounding LP though it's a shame it hasn't got the original cover art. As for the music... Incomparable. Sublime.
Thanks for that. The vinyl is much quieter than late 50s vinyl normally would be ;) Early 80s reissues are often a good buy these days.

Good live concert?
Fantastic - great sound. I saw the band in Basingstoke last year too and a really good sound in that venue (I complimented the guys at the sound desk which was near my seat). I think the old guy really cares about the live sound with this band

advertisement

Back