advertisement

What are you listening to right now #64

Sorting out the next batch of records I've not played for decades to put in the "to move on" pile.

This is a first press in good nick and sounds - of its time? I might end up keeping it for the green Chrysalis label alone.

OIP.CDdJZPJwcrYK1YB-J5JsxwHaHa

Sorting out the next batch of records I've not played for decades to put in the "to move on" pile.

This is a first press in good nick and sounds - of its time? I might end up keeping it for the green Chrysalis label alone.

Important record of the day I'd say. I'd keep it until the 50th anni if nothing else...

Listening to Mark Radcliffe’s book Crossroads about such moments in music history and one is Tony Iommi’s loss of 2 fingers and the effect it had on his playing technique.

Don’t have any Sabbath in my collection so this is a discogs picture steal whilst I listen on Qobuz

LTU3MzUuanBlZw.jpeg

.sjb

Ray Bryant Trio – Con Alma. 1961 UK issue.

Such a great soulful pianist. I love the records I have of his on Cadet and this is in a similar vein.

OS04MzM2LmpwZWc.jpeg

My goodness what was the thinking with the Paranoid cover? A sword wielding fella is odd enough, but a black fella wearing a white crash helmet wielding a sword! Perplexing.

A rare Jazz outing & today a rarely bought new Lp too, 180gm vinyl (as if that ever means anything) which just kinda feels nice.

Blue Train- by some chap called John Coltrane.

DOL label: £12, seems perfectly decent pressing to me too thankfully- not flat whatsoever, nor compressed Mp3'ish to my ears (which ALL the jazzer review snobs snub it as afaict).

JAZZMATAZZ hosted by GURU. I first heard this through a prompt on tidal, so the CD arrived today, £2.65p from Music Magpie. Features Donald Byrd, Ronny Jordan, Lonnie Liston Smith and Carlene Anderson plus others. Love it.

advertisement

Back